Lawmakers' Wish List Runs Up Against Louisiana Debt Limit
- How to Revitalize Muni Bond Insurance. Glaser, Howard // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/30/2009, Vol. 75 Issue 41, p26
In this article the author discusses the aspect of municipal bond insurance in the U.S. He mentions that municipal bond insurance serves as a government project fund in the municipal securities market. He suggests that people need to work together to help the community reduce borrowing costs,...
- Cleveland Suburb Taps Novel Port-Authority Borrowing Ability. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/26/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31770, p50
Reports on the avoidance of state-imposed debt limits by funding economic development projects through a port authority in Westlake, Ohio. Sale of special assessment-backed bonds; Issuance of revenue bonds by the Toledo-Lucas Port Authority; Allocation of the bond proceeds.
- Special Legislative Session Over, Utah Set to Issue $465 Million of GOs. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;5/23/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31642, p39
The Utah Legislature completed a two-hour special legislative session on May 21, 2003 that was convened to issue a 165 million dollar general obligation bond authorization approved by legislators earlier in 2003. The original bill, which included financing for several state university and state...
- Sussex County, NJ., Selling $29M in Debt. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;9/5/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32459, p4
No abstract available.
- New Mexico's Road Program Faces Shortfall. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;12/11/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32771, p1
The article reports that New Mexico will delay 29 road projects financed by the state's $1.6 billion Governor Richardson's Investment Partnership (GRIP) bond transportation program because of a shortfall of $494 million for the effort. The program will authorize the state to issue $1.6 billion...
- Vermont, Newly Upgraded by Moody's, Gets Ready to Issue $30 Million of GOs. Stark, Jonna // Bond Buyer;2/12/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32566, p29
The article reports that Vermont will competitively sell $30 million of general obligation bonds to fund a variety of building, education, agriculture, and safety projects for the state. The $ 30 million will be used for various state projects, including $9.7 million for state buildings, $3.1...
- MINNESOTA. Wirtz, Ronald A. // Fedgazette;May2008, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p13
This section offers news briefs on regional business and economics in Minnesota. The state is currently facing a $935 million budget deficit and a declining economy. The state's legislative auditor has criticized the Job Opportunity Building Zones program, stating that it fails to target the...
- Area economic development projects. // Fort Worth Business Press;2005 Book of Lists, Vol. 18, p27
Presents information on several economic development projects in Texas. Number of employees in the development projects; Budget for the development projects; Retention and new business highlights.
- Iran. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;2/5/1999, Vol. 43 Issue 5, p16
Details Iran's draft state budget for 1998/2000, which allows the government to seek $10,000 million in foreign funds for a range of economic development projects. Includes foreign financing proposed under buy-back deals for oil and gas projects; Budget item for the National Petrochemical Co.;...