Special Legislative Session Over, Utah Set to Issue $465 Million of GOs
- New dawn for project bonds. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;3/25/2011, Vol. 55 Issue 12, p6
The article presents the author's views on financing projects in the Middle East using the bond markets.
- Sussex County, NJ., Selling $29M in Debt. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;9/5/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32459, p4
No abstract available.
- Projects financiers turn to bonds. MARTIN, MATTHEW // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;3/25/2011, Vol. 55 Issue 12, p9
The article reports that bond issues are expected to be launched by several projects in the Middle East later in 2011. It is stated that the refinancing of the Zayed University and the Dolphin Energy pipeline in United Arab Emirates (UAE) are expected to be launched this year with four other...
- Despite Signs of Hope, Mexican Muni Market Remains Sluggish. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/5/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32416, p36
The article reports on the recent condition of the municipal bond market for financing public infrastructure projects in Mexico. The country's Federal Electoral Institute will begin a recount of the voting in its close presidential election, a race that was full of promises made by three...
- Tennessee Readies Its Biggest Single Sale Ever: $584 Million of GOs. SIGO, SHELLY // Bond Buyer;10/6/2011, Vol. 378 Issue 33595, p8
The article reports on Tennessee's selling of tax-exempt and taxable general obligation bonds worth 584.27 million U.S. dollars. It notes that the bond proceeds will finance economic development projects, refund outstanding debt, and refinance the state's commercial paper. The selling of bonds...
- Arlington Still Trying to Convert Stadium Debt From Auction Rate. Philyaw, Jason // Bond Buyer;9/4/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32954, p28
The article reports on the continued effort of Arlington, Texas to convert auction-rate securities into fixed-rate debt. The City Council wants to refinance more than half of the roughly $300 million that has been issued to fund the city's share of a new issue $1.1 billion stadium being built...
- Massachusetts Considering Bill to Guarantee MassPike Debt. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;7/17/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32920, p22
The article reports on Massachusetts's consideration of a bill that would allow it to extend financial guarantee on $2.2 billion of the Massachusetts Turnpike Authority's debt. The legislation includes the state's full faith and credit pledge to $2.2 billion of MassPike debt which partially...
- N.Y.C. Will Sell $850M In Two Parts. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;5/23/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31642, p1
New York City will sell 850 million dollars in general obligation bonds including 200 million dollars in taxable debt to fund affordable housing and economic development as the city's fiscal year comes to an end. However, questions remain about the constitutionality of a key piece of the city's...
- State and Local Government Series Rates. // Bond Buyer;4/5/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31359, p36
Presents chart depicting the rates of public debt in the U.S.