Massachusetts Lawmakers Take Governor's Highway Plan in the Opposite Direction
- Massachusetts: Blazing a trail to better healthcare for all. Carson, Culley C. // Contemporary Urology;Jun2006, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p7
Reports on a landmark bill signed by Governor Mitt Romney (R, Mass.) providing access to basic healthcare coverage for all Massachusetts citizens. Sources of funding for the plan; Distribution of benefits; Analysis of the bill.
- Gov. Romney's Bill to Seek MassPike, Highway Dept. Merger. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;4/4/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31608, p3
Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney's administration is expected to file legislation detailing a reorganization of the state's transportation system that would merge the Massachusetts Turnpike Authority with the State Highway Department and would result in the state taking on turnpike revenues...
- Was Romney a Good Governor of Massachusetts? // Moderate Voice;10/6/2012, p9
The article offers the author's insights regarding the governaturial of Mitt Romney in Massachusetts. He says that Statehouse Democrats has complained that Romney has ignored the statehouse and insult or opposed them as well. He mentios that Romney loves the veto power and stop legislative...
- Back to Basics. // Guide;Apr2005, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p9
The article presents information on "Defense of Really Traditional Marriage" constitutional amendment bill presented by governor of Massachusetts Willard Romney. To become law, the bill would have win legislative approval and then be affirmed by voters the following year. The Romney bill would...
- What Kind of Pill? Goodin, Emily // National Journal;7/30/2005, Vol. 37 Issue 31, p2478
Reports that Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney vetoed a bill that would have required state hospitals to offer morning-after pills to rape victims. Statement issued by Romney on his stand against abortion.
- Mass. gets its needle access law. Jacobs, Ethan // Bay Windows;7/20/2006, Vol. 24 Issue 31, p18
The article reports on the Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney's veto of the pharmacy access needle bill overridden by both the House and Senate on July 13, 2006. The bill, which contained an emergency preamble, took effect immediately after the Senate veto override vote. The bill decriminalizes...
- Override Of Veto Helps Mass. CU Volunteers. // Credit Union Journal;8/2/2004, Vol. 8 Issue 31, p14
Cites the decision of the Massachusetts House of House of Representatives and the senate to override a veto by Boston governor Mitt Romney of a bill denying insurance coverage to credit union directors.
- Ohio could learn something from Mass. Suttell, Scott // Crain's Cleveland Business;4/10/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 15, p10
The article reports that Massachusetts Legislature last week passed a bill that requires all state residents to obtain health coverage by July 1, 2007 and Governor Mitt Romney, a Republican who might run for President in 2008, says he will sign it. The plan is projected to cover 515,000...
- Why Romney's Puerto Rico Primary Win Is Bad News for Santorum. GANDELMAN, JOE // Moderate Voice;3/19/2012, p14
A blog on the winning of Republican primary in Puerto Rico by former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney is discussed.