Holdouts and a Surprise Rally Force Arizona Budget Revision
- Now It's Two Arizona Republicans On The Run Fighting 'Legislative Trickery'. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;5/21/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31640, p5
The article reports that two U.S. Republican senators from Arizona who defied their leaders by refusing to vote on 6.2 billion dollar state spending bill for fiscal year 2004 are also championing two major bond issues sidetracked by the budget battle. Senators Slade Mead and Linda Binder left...
- LEBANON: RISK SUMMARY. // Middle East Monitor: East Med;Dec2011, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p8
The article summarizes the political, economic, and business environment in Lebanon including the favor of the Lebanese for a parliamentary-based electoral system, the increase of the minimum monthly wage to 40%, and the endoresement of the Lebanese Parliament to an electricity bill.
- Decision of the Sichuan Provincial People's Congress Standing Committee on Submitting the "Regulations (Draft) on the Legislative Procedures of the Sichuan Provincial People's Congress and Its Standing Committee" to the Fourth Session of the Ninth... // Chinese Law & Government;Sep/Oct2011, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p9
The article reports on the decision made for the submission of the Regulations (Draft) on the legislative procedures of the Sichuan Provincial People's Congress and its standing committee to the Ninth People's Congress' fourth session of Sichuan Province in China for deliberation.
- Plus Ã§a change... // Alberta Views;Mar2008, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p20
An excerpt from the "Hansard" transcript which details the parliamentary debate on Bill 46 on December 4, 2007 is presented.
- Chaos in Parliament Over Quota Politics. // News India Times;12/21/2012, Vol. 43 Issue 51, p12
The article presents information on the chaos created by the controversial promotion quota bill in India that has been taken to the upper parliamentary house.
- Minnesota Rules: Amendments and Additions. // Minnesota State Register;1/25/2010, Vol. 34 Issue 30, p1012
The article reports on the rulemaking process for all state agencies published in the "State Register," the official publication of the state of Minnesota.
- W.Va. Legislature Passes Dozens of Bills on 'Crossover Day'. BURDETTE, WHITNEY; ALI, ANN // State Journal (WV);4/5/2013, Vol. 29 Issue 14, p18
The article offers information on various legislative bills passed by West Virginia Legislature till April 3, 2013, designated as "crossover day," and reports that out of 1,828 bills introduced in the house seven bills have been sent to Governor of the state Earl Rey Tomblin for final approval.
- Skeptics hope politics don't dominate session. Schnitzler, Peter // Indianapolis Business Journal;5/13/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p9
Reports the opening of the Indiana General Assembly in Indiana. Impact of the state revenue regression on tax restructuring review; Inflation of gross domestic product; assessment of fiscal information prior to the revision of tax code.
- Time is of the essence in N.H. Legislature. Cook, Bradford E. // New Hampshire Business Review;02/08/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p13
Reports on the activities of legislators in New Hampshire in February 2002. Schedules of sessions; Issues for debate; Details of the state's legislative process.