MuniMae to Purchase Housing and Community Investing
- MuniMae to Buy Lend Lease Unit. Hochstein, Marc // American Banker;5/21/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 97, p9
Reports that Municipal Mortgage and Equity LLC, also known as MuniMae, has agreed to buy the U.S. low-income housing tax credit syndication business of the Australian property conglomerate Lend Lease Corp. Opportunities of cross-selling of debt products by the acquisition; Background of...
- Too late, Lend Lease. Condon, Turi // BRW;02/23/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p12
Comments on the decline in share prices of Australian company Lend Lease in the first quarter of 2001. Weak performance of Lend Lease's property funds management business in the United States; Chief executive officer David Higgins' detachment from the Australian market; Need for Higgins to...
- MuniMae Earned $9.1 Million in 4Q. // National Mortgage News;3/15/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 25, p27
Reports on Municipal Mortgage and Equity's net income for the fourth quarter of 2003. Decrease in losses on derivative securities.
- Australian firms look for A$3bn of equity. // Estates Gazette;2/7/2009, Issue 905, p30
The article reports that two Australian property companies have announced equity raisings to shore up their balance sheets, as the government initiated a A$4 billion bailout programme for the sector. Westfield revealed that it is looking to raise A$2.9 billion in an institutional share placing,...
- Lend Lease takeover move likely to start bidding war. // Estates Gazette;5/29/2004, Issue 422, p47
Reports on the condition of Lend Lease takeover bid for Australia's property trust firm General Property Trust (GPT) as of May 29, 2004. Details of the takeover bid; Amount allocated by Lend Lease for the bid; Increase in the price of shares of GPT. INSET: Clarke's gamble.
- Bear in bull's clothing? Nicholson, Colin // BRW;6/9/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 22, p78
Highlights trends in the Australian stock market for the week ended June 3, 2005. Increased confidence about the business outlook; Key factors contributing to the strength of the Australian stock market; Performance of the U.S. S&P 500 Index; Performance of Lend Lease's stock.
- PERFECT PORTFOLIO. Greenwood, Ross // Money (Australia Edition);Jul2007, Issue 92, p92
The author analyzes the investment potential of the stocks of CSR Ltd. and Lend Lease Corp. A share price dip over the past 18 months, due to lower profits in its sugar and building products divisions, may be overdone. There is also potential from a possible demerger, the author said. Lend Lease...
- Lend Lease needs earnings, not buybacks. Rennie, Philip // BRW;3/4/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p77
Focuses on the stock market performance of Lend Lease Corp. Ltd.'s half-year profit for the half year ending February 2004. Expected impact of the completion of Lend Lease's second ten percent buyback; Influence of short-term interests on the capital management initiative.
- Lend Lease can strike back. Rennie, Philip // BRW;2/24/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p77
Reports on the status of the share prices of Lend Lease Corp. Ltd., a construction company in Australia. Stability of the share price of the company; Effect of the struggle to acquire General Property Trust on its share prices; Investments in the property trust sector.