NEWS IN BRIEF
- Yields Up Three to Four Basis Points; New-Issue Debt Exceeds $1.4 Billion. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;10/3/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31733, p2
Reports developments related to the bond market in the U.S. as of October 2003. Increase of the municipal bond yields; Increase of applications for state unemployment benefits; Growth in cash bond yields.
- Credit Calendar. // Bond Buyer;4/5/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31359, p37
Reports on the activities of the bond market in the U.S. Auction of 91-day and 182-day discount bills by the Treasury Department; Number of jobless claims announced by the Labor Department; Level of import and export price.
- State back to bond market. Hinz, Greg // Crain's Chicago Business;10/20/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 42, p4
Under a proposal ready to go out for bid in the next few weeks, the state of Illinois would borrow hundreds of millions of dollars to increase the unemployment insurance (UI) fund. As is typical during an economic downturn, the fund has been in loss and has been forced to borrow money from the...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Kinnander, Ola; Vekshin, Alison; Vadum, Matthew; Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;8/31/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31215, p2
Reports economic developments in th United States as of August 2001. Increase in personal income and spending as reported by the Commerce Department; Decline in the application for state unemployment benefits; Rise in retail sales through electronic commerce.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Newman, Emily; Sanchez, Humberto; Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;1/31/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31564, p2
Presents news briefs related to U.S. bond market as of January 31, 2003. Comparison of increase in gross domestic product in year 2003 with year 2002; Increase in applications for state unemployment benefits according to data provided by the U.S. Labor Department; Increase in the employee...
- Munis Firm: $1.3 Billion Memphis Electric Deal Priced for Institutions. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;11/21/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31767, p2
Reports on developments in the bond market in the U.S., as of November 2003. Decline in the initial unemployment benefits claims; Rise of the leading economic indicators index; Price of Memphis electric system subordinate revenue bonds; Price of Kansas Department of Transportation highway...
- Munis Finish Flat: Weaker Stocks, Oil Prices Key For Fixed Income. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;8/20/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31952, p2
Reports on the trading activity at the bond market in the U.S. as of August 20, 2004. Decline of the index of leading economic indicators; Volatility of the municipal bonds; Decrease of the initial applications for state unemployment benefits.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // Bond Buyer;8/27/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31957, p2
Reports on developments relevant to public finance and the bond market in the U.S. as of August 27, 2004. First-time applications for state unemployment benefits; Treasury bills; Credit ratings.
- Munis Weaker; Yields Up One or Two Basis Points. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;11/17/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32511, p2
The article reports on the condition of municipal bond market in the U.S. Gains from weaker-than-expected inflation data were wiped out by a string of stronger-than-anticipated data. First-time applications for state unemployment benefits decreased 2,000 to 308,000 in the week ending November...