Oregon Plays It Again
- Florida Readies Refunding, Lottery Bond Deals Totaling $551 Million. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;01/23/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31062, p3
Reports the sale of the refunding bonds and lottery revenue bonds by the local government in Florida. Overview of the bonds sold by the state; Insights on analysts on the bond market activity; Bond refunding plans of other states.
- NORTH CAROLINA: School Debt Bills Stuck. deSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;5/31/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32640, p9
The article reports that numerous bills that could lead North Carolina to issue more debt for schools have failed to gain enough votes to pass from one legislative chamber to another. One bill would have provided for lottery proceeds that will be used to fund $3 billion of revenue bonds. Another...
- Lottery Tops Funding Goal. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;7/25/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32430, p27
The article reports that the Oklahoma Lottery Commission has exceeded its funding goal.
- Inside City Hall. Norville, Bunny // Munday Courier (TX);4/22/2009, Vol. 36 Issue 20, p5
The article focuses on the revenue earned by Texas lottery and its financial contribution to support the Foundation School Fund (FSF), which helps pay for public education in Texas.
- Lottery Commission on Track to Meet Budget Estimates. BURDETTE, WHITNEY // State Journal (WV);3/15/2013, Vol. 29 Issue 11, p11
The article reports that the lottery revenues of West Virginia Lottery Commission are on track to meet all of its obligations such as the budget estimates.
- Bletchley Park wins Â£4.6 million lottery grant for restoration of codebreaking units. Lloyd, Peter // Pink Paper;10/7/2011, p20
The article reports on the acquisition of a 4.6 million-pound lottery grant from the Heritage Lottery by Bletchley Park on October 5, 2011, a move that will enable the restoration of iconic Codebreaking Huts 1, 3 and 6 and create a world-class visitor centre and exhibition in the derelict Block C.
- Hanging tough. Lawton, Millicent // Education Week;2/9/94, Vol. 13 Issue 20, p26
Reports on Perrydale, Oregons's economic condition. Annual budget; Predicted bankruptcy by the 1995-1996 school year; Community's pride in conservative fiscal practices; Decline in revenue; Description of education offered at Perrydale; Disadvantages of Perrydale small school.
- Economics and those pesky lottery dollars. Dimond, Kathy // Oregon Business Magazine;May95, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p6
Focuses on the influence of previous economic development efforts on the economy of Oregon. Statement of economist William Conerly backing the need to return economic development funds to taxpayers; Conerly's contention on the role of market force s in providing job training without public...
- Growing up. // Oregon Business Magazine;May95, Vol. 18 Issue 5, East Metro p3
Presents an overview of the economic conditions in the East Metro region of Oregon. Number of jobs expected to be created by the Columbia Corridor; Factors affecting the improvements in the vacancy rates; Land-use plans by communities; Household i ncomes in 1989.