Canada Looks South for Bacon
- Fresh Ink. // U.S. Banker;Aug2004, Vol. 114 Issue 8, p12
Reports various mergers in the banking industry as of August 2004 in the U.S. Plan of Wachovia Bank to buy SouthTrust; Acquisition of Jackson Federal Bank by Union Bank of California; Consolidation between Banknorth Group and BostonFed Bancorp.
- Acquisition activity of large depository institutions in the 1990s: An empirical analysis of motives. Ely, David P.; Song, Moon H. // Quarterly Review of Economics & Finance;Winter2000, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p467
This study examines the performance and ownership structure characteristics of financial institutions that chose to aggressively expand by acquiring other institutions. The "wealth maximization hypothesis" posits that in an era of deregulation, the most efficient institutions will acquire the...
- Banks in Fla., S.C. Plan Merger of Equals. Kline, Alan // American Banker;4/11/2005, Vol. 170 Issue 68, p23
Reports that First National Bank of Nassau County in Florida, and Lowcountry National Bank in South Carolina will merge. Details of the merger, which the banks are calling a first step toward creating a banking franchise spanning four states; Expected close date of the deal.
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: M & A. // Investment Dealers' Digest;12/8/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 47, p13
Presents charts and a graph on bank mergers and acquisitions as of December 1, 2003.
- Two Affiliates Now Part of Union First. // American Banker;10/13/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 157, p4
The article discusses the consolidation of Rappahannock National Bank and Northern Neck State Bank into Union First National Bank.
- Bank and Thrift Merger Deals. // American Banker;4/25/2006, Vol. 171 Issue 78, p8
A chart is presented outlining the banking mergers and acquisitions announced in the first quarter of 2006. The largest deal is Capital One Financial's purchase of North Fork Bancorp. Inc. Other acquisitions include the purchase of INB Financial Corp. by Grupo Financiero Banorte SA de CV based...
- Partners Trust Hits Stock Goal. Reosti, John // American Banker;7/8/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 130, p7
Reports that due to a high amount of shares sold by a syndicate of brokers, Partners Trust Financial Group Inc. was able to buy BSB Bancorp Inc. How a second-step conversion was also completed after the sales of shares; How Partners Trust assembled the syndicate; How the deal was extended...
- Snapshot. // ABA Banking Journal;Jul2004, Vol. 96 Issue 7, p10
Provides statistics related to bank mergers in the U.S. as of July 2004. List of top merger and acquisition deals in the country based on the value of the deal; Cumulative statistics on the value of merger and acquisition deals announced as of May 2004; Total value of merger deals as of May 2004.
- APPETITE FOR CONSUMPTION. Simons, Andrew // Orange County Business Journal;2/16/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p24
Reports on developments concerning bank mergers in Orange County, California as of February 16, 2004. American Bancshares Inc.'s acquisition of Privest Bank; First Community Bancorp's offer to buy Newport Beach-based Harbor National Bank; Asset growth of Premier Commercial; Possible acquisition...