NRG's Bankruptcy Could be a First
- Treatment of Bond Debt and Intercompany Claims Under Mexican Bankruptcy Law. Graham, Luis Enrique; Fonseca, Salvador; Labastida, Sergio Rodriguez // Pratt's Journal of Bankruptcy Law;Jul2011, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p450
The authors discuss a variety of issues regarding publicly traded bond debt and intercompany claims that have been addressed recently by the Mexican judiciary
- Distressed Investing Gets More Complex. K. L. // High Yield Report;5/15/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 19, p1
The article reports that creditors of bankrupt companies have made a process obtaining the greatest recovery value for defaulted bonds in the U.S. Matthew Hamilton, managing director at APS Clearing Corp. states that creditor interests plague much bankruptcy proceeding, specifically for large...
- JEALOUS GUARDIANS IN THE PSYCHEDELIC KINGDOM: FEDERAL REGULATION OF ELECTRICITY CONTRACTS IN BANKRUPTCY. Sur, Indraneel // University of Pennsylvania Law Review;May2004, Vol. 152 Issue 5, p1697
Discusses the United States Federal Energy Regulatory Commission regulation of wholesale power contracts of electric utilities in bankruptcy. Theories of administrative law and civil procedure concerning the role of bankruptcy courts; Bankruptcy Code bends ordinary rules of contract law to alter...
- Michigan Okays $1.1B New Money Bonds for Detroit. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;9/29/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34185, p1
Detroit Friday gained Michigan's final approval for a plan to issue $1.1 billion of bonds for a bankruptcy exit financing and to raise money to pay off several creditors.
- Follow-up on monitored stocks. // Dow Theory Forecasts;2/25/2002, Vol. 58 Issue 8, p6
Highlights the stock performance of various business enterprises as of February 2002. NRG Energy Inc.'s plan to buy back shares from Xcel Energy Inc.; Rise in SunGard Data Systems Inc.'s net income during the fourth quarter; Increase in the per-share profits of Syncor International Corp.
- IN BRIEF. // Power Economics;Apr2004, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p8
Presents news concerning the energy industry as of April 2004. Prison sentence given to former Dynegy Inc. executive, Jamie Olis, for disguising a loan as cashflow; Number of employees that will be dismissed by Xcel Energy subsidiary, NRG Energy Inc.; Decision of Cinergy Corp. to go to trial to...
- Ecuador Crumbles Under Financial Strain. // World Trade;Dec99, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p16
States that Ecuador's decision not to pay interest on some of its bonds could result in non-confidence for the country's private creditors. Stand of the International Monetary Fund on Ecuador's financial situation; Assessment of the actions taken by Banco Popular and Previsora; Issues on debt...
- Recent Collection Issues. Mitzner, Ira R. // Employee Benefits Journal;Jun2002, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p54
Explores traditional vehicles for combating employer delinquencies as well as development in bonds, negotiated liens and theories that seek relief from the employer as a 'fiduciary.' Details on legal principles underlying the duty to collect delinquencies; Information on collection litigation;...
- Argentine Debt Talks. // Emerging Markets Monitor;4/19/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p12
Provides information on negotiations of representatives of the Argentine government with international creditors for the country's defaulted bonds dating back to January 2002. Response of bond holders to negotiations; Economic factors that would obliged Argentina to make a higher offering of...