A New Era for Energy Traders
- Volatility revisited. O'Brian, Terry // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Apr2000, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p38
Asserts that predicting futures volatility and trading on it is easy because it occurs in cycles. Factors which contribute to traders' uncertainty; Estimation of probability; Traders' benefits; Anticipation of volatility.
- Floor trader games. // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Sep2000, Vol. 29 Issue 11, p8
Focuses on the activities of floor traders. Pit traders' scamming of clients by front running orders; Impact of everyday rule changes in the Nasdaq 100 pit; Different duties at the various exchanges; Elimination of contract quality limits on the E-Mini Nasdaq.
- Listening to the markets, note by note. Dixon, Bruce // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Jul2002, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p46
Gives advice to beginning traders to start by learning the relationship between individual price bars before moving on to complex chart formations. Comparison with the learning techniques of a musician; Use of a surface chart to construct a map of the probabilities associated with market...
- Software review. Simons, Howard L. // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Aug99, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p63
Recommends the Global 4.0 computer software from Financial Engineering Associates for futures market traders. Functions of the modules; Availability of spreadsheets with clear documentation; Conciseness of the manual.
- Deutsche Derivate: Modeling simplicity & risk. Zwick, Steve // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Aug99, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p90
Profiles German futures market trader, Martin Rothe. Use of mathematical models to predict stock market trends; Opening of the company Deutsche Derivative in May 1994; Integration of a lesson on money management to the Financial Leveraged and Optimized Performance Program.
- Back to the futures. O'Brian, Terry // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;May2000, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p40
Focuses on the basic principles of stock trading. Application of technical tools to supplement the analysis of futures equities; Use of specific time frame; Level of risk tolerance of futures traders; Differences in value of near and further out contract of the actual product; Benefits of the...
- Klaus Gagel: Cloud scalper. Zwick, Steve // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Dec2003, Vol. 32 Issue 15, p82
Features German futures trader Klaus Gagel. Futures trading site created by Gagel; Intuitive approach of Gagel to trading; Money management strategy adopted by Gagel.
- Piper Jaffray Adds Three Traders in Midwest Region. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/10/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32257, p7
Reports on the recruitment of new traders by Piper Jaffray & Co. to expand the firm's bank-qualified secondary market and middle-market institutional businesses in the U.S. Promotion of its taxable fixed-income business; Enhancement of the public finance and middle market platforms; Preparation...
- The Behavior of Risky Asset Prices in a Symmetric Least Squares Learning Environment. Linn, Scott C.; Stanhouse, Bryan E. // Review of Quantitative Finance & Accounting;1994, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p357
This paper examines the dynamics of asset prices in a heterogeneous market. Traders are made up of learners who possess limited information and use limited models for predicting the future. The market also includes "noise" traders in the sense of Black, along with liquidity traders. Learners...