Three Quoted, Three Gone
- End of an Era. Clary, Isabelle // Securities Industry News;5/12/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 19, p1
This article reports that Nasdaq President Rick Ketchum, a former candidate for the top job at the electronic stock market, is stepping down to become general counsel at Citigroup, whose Salomon Smith Barney (SSB) brokerage unit was part of a record regulatory settlement. Congressman Doug Ose,...
- Nasdaq Taps Harts. Schroeder, Mary // Securities Industry News;01/21/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p1
Reports the selection of Bill Harts to the position of executive vice president by NASDAQ Stock Market Inc. in New York City.
- The Volcano Lover. Cramer, James J. // New York;04/17/2000, Vol. 33 Issue 15, p26
Focuses on the author's experience as a hedge fund manager in dealing with the April 11, 2000 decline of the NASDAQ stock market in the United States.
- B of A Gets New Blood. Chapman, Peter // Traders Magazine;Aug2006, Vol. 19 Issue 257, p62
This article presents an interview with financial consultant Bill Harts. In 2006, Harts joined Banc of America Securities LLC to head up strategy for its equities trading section. Harts has spent much of his career evaluating, building and investing in new trading systems. He started on Wall...
- NASD, Nasdaq Chief Zarb Set to Step Down. // Bond Buyer;7/27/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31190, p5
Reports that Frank Zarb will step down as chairman of both the National Association of Securities Dealers and the Nasdaq Stock Market Inc.
- Two Losses. Webb, Marion // San Diego Business Journal;2/14/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p26
This article reports on the financial recovery of San Diego, California-based biotechnology firm Sequenom Inc., with special reference to its departing CEO Antonius Schuh. Sequenom has decreased its net loss for fiscal 2004 to $34.6 million from last years figure of $36.7 million. Antonius...
- ResMed's sleeper issue. Walters, Kath // BRW;8/3/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 30, p30
The article reports on the resignation of Peter Farell, as the chief executive and chairman of ResMed, in Australia. Farell, who will be ending his term in December 2007, said that his decision is for the betterment of the board. ResMed has established ten years of strong revenue growth from the...
- Atmel Regains Nasdaq Compliance. // Electronic News;9/4/2006, Vol. 52 Issue 36, p22
The article reports on the notification by Nasdaq that, as a result of the resignation of George Perlegos from the board of directors of Atmel Corp., the company has regained compliance with the stock exchange. Previously, Nasdaq notified Atmel that it did not comply with its marketplace rule...
- Nasdaq Top Exec Revamp Continues. Clary, Isabelle // Securities Industry News;5/19/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 20, p1
Two more top Nasdaq executives left the electronic stock market in the week of May 12, 2003, as Robert Greifeld, formerly of SunGard Data Systems Inc., became president and CEO of the aspiring electronic exchange. Bill Harts, executive vice president for corporate strategy, and Dean Furbush,...