S & P Call Fires Up ABS World
- Rating Action puts S & P's rep on Negative Watch. // Asset Securitization Report;5/19/2003, Vol. 3 Issue 20, p1
Reports that Wall Street firms reacted negatively to Standard & Poor's Corp.'s placement of 32 classes of automobile lease asset-backed securities on watch for a downgrade in May 2003. Standard & Poor's Corp.'s concerns about potential exposure to the troubled federal government entity Pension...
- S&P removes 14 classes from Neg Watch. K.D. // Asset Securitization Report;5/26/2003, Vol. 3 Issue 21, p8
Reports that Standard and Poor's has removed many classes of auto lease asset-backed securities from CreditWatch with negative implications shortly after placing them on watch on May 12, 2003. Affirmation of all of the tranches issued by BMW Vehicle Lease Trust, Volkswagen Auto Lease Trust and...
- S&P explains PBGC stance for auto lease ABS. K. D. // Asset Securitization Report;9/13/2004, Vol. 4 Issue 35, p3
This article presents information on the clarification of the rating company Standard & poor relating to the auto lease ABS. Standard & Poor's Corp. recently addressed its controversial stance on the risks associated with the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corp. (PBGC) assessing a lien on lease...
- S&P Updates CMBS Transaction Criteria. // National Mortgage News;6/16/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 38, p20
Reports on the release of a report containing the updated legal and structured finance criteria of Standard & Poor's in New York. Inclusion of an asset-backed loan criteria in the report; Changes in the commercial mortgage securitization market; Details on the section dealing with...
- Rating agencies disclose notching policies for CDOs, ABCP and SIVs. // Asset Securitization Report;9/3/2001, Vol. 1 Issue 34, p1
Reports on Standard & Poor's implementation of a revised criteria for notching within CDO. Scheduled announcement of the move at IMN's German Securitization conference on September 12, 2001, in Berlin, Germany; Response to market inquiry regarding transparency of rating-agency notching policies.
- NIMS Rebounding. // National Mortgage News;4/15/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 29, p11
Reports the net interest margin securitization of the Standard & Poor in the U.S. Issues on mortgage loans;.
- The challenge of auto-lease securitization. // ABA Banking Journal;Dec97, Vol. 89 Issue 12, p62
Focuses on the implications for bankers of the growing popularity of automobile-lease securitization as a medium for automobile ownership. Issues banks need to address; Ownership; Tax issues; Regulatory barriers; Residuals; Lease volume; Lease securitization pioneers; Automobile-lending and...
- Auto lease growth leveled off. Donovan, Kevin // Asset Securitization Report;10/13/2003, Vol. 3 Issue 39, p11
Reports on the decline in automotive leasing activities in the asset-backed financing market in the United States. Impact of zero-percent loans on residual value; Fleet-lease aspect of the sector; Growth of the automotive lease sector since 1997.
- European market intends to stay busy in May. N.C. // Asset Securitization Report;5/26/2003, Vol. 3 Issue 21, p20
Reports that over 7 billion euros worth of asset-backed securities in Europe has already priced in May 2003. Austrian-based auto lease securitization called Edelweiss Auto Funding; Dresdner Kleinwort Wasserstein's pricing of managed arbitrage cash flow CDO called Rendite Finance No. 2 Inc.