Alternative and Complementary Modalities for Managing Stress and Anxiety
- Complementary/Alternative Medicine for Anxiety. Slawson, David; Ebell, Mark H. // American Family Physician;2/1/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 3, p564
Discusses research being done on the effectiveness of complementary and alternative medicines in the treatment of anxiety disorders. Reference to a study by A. F. Jorn and colleagues, published in the October 4, 2004 issue of the "Medical Journal of Australia"; Complementary and alternative...
- the A-Z of stress. Fittall, Karen // Good Medicine (Australian Consolidated Press);Jul2006, p38
The article focuses on several ways to deal with stress. The efficacy of acupuncture in treating stress-related problems is cited. The health benefits associated with eating celery are mentioned. Detox the body by consuming juice for 48 hours. Exercise is also beneficial to relieving stress....
- Quick Relief from Anxiety and Stress Without Tranquilizers. Johnson, Tiesha D. // Life Extension;2008 Collector's Edition, Vol. 14, p26
The article discusses the therapeutic effect of botanical extracts like, lemon balm, in relieving stress and anxiety. Prescribed as a medicinal herb since the ancient Greek times, lemon balm has long been known to relieve anxiety, promote sleep and sooth agitation. A recent clinical trial showed...
- Red-eye remedies. Philbin, Joanna // Seventeen;Oct95, Vol. 54 Issue 10, p56
Presents natural remedies for late-night stress. Includes sleep-friendly foods; Chopped onions; Gem therapy.
- Serenity Now. Crawford, Caletha // Working Mother;Sep2001, p40
Presents tips on stress-relieving techniques for stress management. Effect of repetitive tasks on the brain; Reduction of anxiety through smell therapy; Application of pressure on hand points for the restoration of a smooth flow of life energy.
- MIND-BODY MEDICINE FOR STRESS MANAGEMENT AND OPPORTUNITIES AT NCCAM. Le Tourneau, Melanie // Alternative Therapies in Health & Medicine;Sep/Oct2003, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p18
Details the report of the National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine on mind-body medicine for stress management. Mindfulness-based stress reduction and qi gong to help reduce the pain related to fibromyalgia; Role of self-hypnosis in minor surgery; Use of a prayer-based...
- 10 Simple Ways to Manage Stress. Posen, David B. // Review of Ophthalmology;Aug2000, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p39
Enumerates ten simple ways to manage stress. Decrease or discontinue caffeine; Regular exercise; Sleep; Relaxation/meditation; Time-outs and leisure; Realistic expectations; Reframing; Belief systems; Ventilation/support system; Humor.
- 'Audit' Your Stress to Control It. // Body Bulletin;Jan1992, p1
Focuses on ways to control stress-related disorders. Identification of factors causing stress; Categorization of factors; Need to gain control over certain stressors.
- Stress management--making time, making laughter. McMullen, Dorothy A. // Pennsylvania CPA Journal;Fall99, Vol. 70 Issue 3, p17
Discusses stress management. Definition of stress and its causes; Managing and reducing stress.