AHA disappointed by stimulus package
- WBGH lobbying for IRS' blessing to roll over health care account funds. Wojcik, Joanne // Business Insurance;11/12/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 46, p1
Reports the calling of Washington Business Group on Health to Internal Revenue Service for a change in tax law in Washington. Purpose of the group to roll over health care account funds; Provisions of Section 401 (h) on retirement plans; Benefits of the roll back.
- Time running out on breaks for hiring workers from welfare rolls. Calder, Chad // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);05/18/98, Vol. 18 Issue 46, p10
Discusses the Welfare-to-Work credit under the Taxpayer Relief Act of 1997. Provisions of the Work Opportunity credit; Comments from business owners who have hired former welfare recipients; Companies that have taken advantage of the credit.
- MN Health Plan the right direction for state. Hayden, Jeff // Minnesota Spokesman-Recorder;3/17/2011, Vol. 76 Issue 33, p2
The article reports on the implementation of the early Medical Assistance, which will cover 90,000 Minnesotans while easing the state budget strain.
- Is the Red Cross Now a Bull's-Eye? // Time International (South Pacific Edition);11/10/2003, Issue 44, p35
The article talks about the Red Cross, composed of Western relief workers forced to work in Iraq and have been targeted dozens of times since the overthrow of Saddam Hussein's regime in April 2003. Aid workers have been pushed around in Somalia, terrorized in East Timor, taken hostage in Bosnia...
- Tax Talk Today Features IRS Experts and Tax Professionals Presenting, â€œACA Tax Law Update - The Effect on Health Care Decisionsâ€. // Insurance Broadcasting;7/10/2014, p1
The article discusses an online series of webcasts "ACA Tax Law Update The Effect on Health Care Decisions," scheduled from July 15, 2014 on topics including premium tax credit, getting the credit, and claiming the credit on federal tax return.
- Bill to expand insurance for poor by taxing hospitals fails in WA. Asplund, Jon // AHA News;05/05/97, Vol. 33 Issue 17, p6
Reports on the successful plan of the Friends of the Basic Health Plan to stop the proposal allowing the state of Washington to impose business and occupational taxes on not-for-profit and public hospitals' Medicare and Medicaid revenues to fund the state's Basic Health Plan. Exemption of...
- Health Care Law Includes Tax Changes. // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;5/7/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 108, p13
The article offers information on the key tax provisions under the health care legislation finalized on March 25, 2010 in New York.
- Latin America modernizes its pensions systems. Ceniceros, Roberto // Business Insurance;1/26/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p17
Latin American nations continue to move from defined benefit to defined contribution pension plans, with hybrid approaches emerging in several countries, benefit consultants say. Pension systems vary significantly across Latin America, recent pension law reforms and tax advantages are helping...
- Clinton on the high road. Schorr, Daniel // New Leader;3/13/95, Vol. 78 Issue 3, p3
Reports on the concern of United States President Bill Clinton regarding the passage of a welfare overhaul bill in the closing days of the House Republican Contract With America. Reactions to tax cuts on programs important to him; Lowering of proposed family tax; Remarks on Republican and...