IN THE LOOP . .
- Taking on Timco. J.K. // New Hampshire Business Review;8/22/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 18, p6A
No abstract available.
- Companies predict more job cuts before year end. Nelson, Paul // Personnel Today;6/4/2002, p2
Reports the plan of some organizations to make further dismissal of employees in 2002. Influence of redundancies on layoffing plans of firms; Use of redundancies to meet short-term changes in demand; Factors influencing the continuous carrying out of redundancies.
- Layoffs are double-edged swords for investors. Leckey, Andrew // Journal of Business (10756124);02/22/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 5, pB14
Focuses on implications of employee layoffs for investors of large companies in the United States. Impact of employee dismissals to businesses; Definition of layoff by Jack Kelly, managing director and analyst of Goldman Sachs; Prediction of the effect of the economy on businesses in the country.
- Oxford University Press Cuts 35 Jobs As Part Of Staff Restructuring. // Book Publishing Report;2/23/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p5
Oxford University Press (OUP) last month restructured its operations to eliminate 35 jobs, a 10% staff reduction, according to Simba estimates. With the announcement, OUP appointed several new executives. Evan Schnittman was named senior director of online product and business development, a new...
- A Site for the Times. Nudd, Tim // Adweek Eastern Edition;6/18/2001, Vol. 42 Issue 25, p30
Reports on the unity of advertising layoff victims in Austin, Texas. Creation of PlanetPinkSlip.com by ex-GSD&M employee Carlotta Stankiewicz; Web site for income challenged individuals; Minimal investment and traffic in the Net is building.
- BUSINESS News In BRIEF. // Inside Tucson Business;10/1/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 28, p2
Reports developments related to business operations in Tucson, Arizona. Layoffs envisioned by Bombardier in the work force; Merger between Gibson's Office Supply Inc. and Tucson Office Supply; Details of company operations.
- Escient subsidiary OpenGlobe closes branch. Schnitzler, Peter // Indianapolis Business Journal;4/22/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p9
Reports the closure of office of Indianapolis-based OpenGlobe Inc. in Greenville, South Carolina. Elimination of about 20 jobs; Offer of jobs to Greenville-based employees in Indianapolis; Reason for the closure.
- Texas growth won't help laid-off N.O. bank workers. Pandolfi, Keith // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);5/12/2003, Vol. 23 Issue 46, p12
Reports banking developments in New Orleans, Louisiana as of May 2003. Retrenchment of employees by Hibernia National Bank; Expansion of Parish National Bank; Business relocation of IberiaBank.
- Hard times. Hutchison, Andy // Westchester County Business Journal;1/28/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p21
Focuses on the efforts of several companies to avoid staff dismissal in New York. Influence of business decline on employee dismissal; Approaches taken to improve customer relations; Implementation of a proactive approach to improve business.