Raising the Curtain on a Minor Hiring Issue
- Chilling out. Adler, Jane // Crain's Chicago Business;06/04/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 23, pE31
Focuses on policies among businesses in Chicago, Illinois on offering sabbatical leave. Re-entry concerns businesses should address according to top executives; Strategies in determining vacation pay.
- Emergency Contacts, FMLA Leave, Teenage Employees. St. Martin, Anne; Maingault, Amy; Neal, Vicki // HR Magazine;Jul2005, Vol. 50 Issue 7, p41
Answers several questions on human resources management. Recommendations for an employer's policy on emergency contact information; Regulations for employers in initiating a Family and Medical Leave Act leave to an employee; Factors to consider when hiring a minor.
- Sabbatical Leave for Teachers. Rossi, Armando S. // Education Digest;Jan1973, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p36
The article focuses on various issues related to sabbatical leave for teachers. Working with the indecipherable human equation for 15 and 20 years at a stretch, traumatized by the social revolution and the new explosion of knowledge, constantly under surveillance and criticism from their...
- How I spent my Sabbatical semester. Franse, Stephen R. // Contemporary Education;1994, Vol. 65 Issue 3, p167
Narrates the author's experience during a sabbatical leave. Rewards of having a sabbatical leave; Opportunity to read, to write and to reflect about course curriculum and life values; Elibility for taking a sabbatical leave.
- Sabbaticals: Reinvigorating Employees. Kirk, Maureen // Business NH Magazine;May2011, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p36
The article focuses on the benefits of developing and offering a sabbatical leave program to employees. According to the author, companies must consider the time and financial impact when developing an effective sabbatical program. The author adds that successful sabbatical programs open...
- Jaguar does roaring trade in sabbaticals. // People Management;1/15/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p7
The article presents information on the personnel management program of Jaguar Land Rover. The company has reported a higher than expected take-up of an offer that lets workers go on sabbaticals of several weeks at 80 percent pay. The programme, which applies to production workers rather than...
- Time To Refocus. Boleh, Matt // HR Magazine;May2006, Vol. 51 Issue 5, p89
The article provides information on the sabbatical programs offered by some employers in the U.S. as part of an employee benefit. The scope of the paid sabbatical benefit offered by marketing firm Circles to its employees is described. Other U.S. companies that has an established sabbatical...
- Paid Leave Programs Avoid Layoffs. Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;9/17/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 38, p13
Reports on the paid sabbaticals or paid leave programs offered by handset maker Siemens AG to employees in order to cope with the economic decline in the telecommunication sector as of September 17, 2001. Financial losses of the company; Response to the program; Expansion of Accenture's...
- Planning a Sabbatical. Page West, Robin // GPSolo;Apr2010, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p42
In this article, the author presents information related to his one-year sabbatical leave. The author says that one needs to look no further than the blogosphere to find other ideas for what to do on sabbatical. The author further says that his communication system with the office was one factor...