- Redesign your offices. Mcdougall, Diane // CMA Management;Mar1999, Vol. 73 Issue 2, p10
Presents results of an analysis providing an insight into workplace economics. Employment costs; Productivity from office redesign.
- The Mailbag. Lessack, Susan K. // HR Specialist: Pennsylvania Employment Law;Dec2014, Vol. 9 Issue 12, p8
The article provides answers to several questions related to human resources such as the kind of documentation necessary before disciplining an employee, what makes a hostile work environment, and whether an employee can hide behind his union role.
- New Dignity at Work policy comes into effect this month. // World of Irish Nursing;Jan2004, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p12
States that all trade unions and employers in Ireland have signed up to the newly agreed "Dignity at Work" policy, which is due to formally come into effect in January 2004. Explanation that a number of training initiatives are set to commence with the launch of the policy; Aim of the policy to...
- PUTTING YOUR FINGER ON THE PULSE OF EMPLOYEE RETENTION. Stoneman, Diane // Aftermarket Business;Jun2006, Vol. 116 Issue 6, p6
The article provides tips on how to have an ideal workplace and on how to avoid employee turnover.
- Eleven billion reasons to be business focused. Bailey, Alan // Personnel Today;9/9/2003, p15
There are three inhibitors in minimizing absenteeism at work place. These are fear factor, management and human resources (HR). At a basic level, HR needs to provide sufficient management information on attendance, sick records, trend analysis and benchmarks. This requires common processes,...
- Manage your employees to achieve better business results. BISSONETTE, LAURIE // Northern Ontario Business;Dec2014, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p5
The author discusses the importance of employee management, citing a workplace survey which found that some organizations take an approach toward such issue despite the need to retain a skilled workforce.
- Legal Q&Aâ€¦ Employment Bill 2007. // Personnel Today;1/15/2008, p10
The article presents questions and answers related to Great Britain's Employment Bill 2007, including the main changes proposed in the bill, why procedures are being repealed just three years after they came into force and proposals to improve dispute resolution in the workplace.
- Lithuanians arrive to find Hull on earth. // Personnel Today;5/8/2007, p48
The author reflects on the undercover report of British Broadcasting Corp. on migrant workers in Hull, England. According to the author, he was shocked and appalled by the report that migrant workers were being lied to, paid below the minimum wage, deprived of proper safety training and forced...
- Check employee skills and save the nation. // Personnel Today;11/16/2004, p16
The article reports that last week, the author sneaked into a conference given by the CBI at its headquarters on London's Tottenham Court Road. After taking the express elevator to the 27th floor, he was greeted with one of the most spectacular views across London he has ever seen. Then the...