He Has a Place at SHRM's Table
- SHRM Appoints New VP for HR. // HR Magazine;Jul2003, Vol. 48 Issue 7, p115
Reports on the appointment of J. Robert Carr as vice-president for human resources and strategic planning at the Society for Human Resource Management. Qualifications of Carr; Career background; Educational background.
- Transition time at NOMMA. Fiegel, John L. // Ornamental & Miscellaneous Metal Fabricator;Jul/Aug2009, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p8
The article shares the author's opinion on the advantages of using a professional interim executive at the National Ornamental & Miscellaneous Metals Association (NOMA) in the U.S. The author states that using an interim executive provides an advantage of assessing the organization. He adds that...
- A Reorganized FAS. Curtis, Robert // Foreign Service Journal;Dec2006, Vol. 83 Issue 12, p65
The article presents the author's view regarding the reorganization of the Foreign Agricultural Services (FAS) in the U.S. He states that the new FAS permits development of an overall regional strategy to focus efforts and wealth on the same policy goal. He was surprised on how reorganization...
- Surveys Released At SHRM Strategic HR, Diversity Conferences. // HR Magazine;Dec2006, Vol. 51 Issue 12, p114
The article focuses on a survey among HR professionals regarding their organizations' strategic plans, released during the Society for Human Resource Managerment's Strategic HR Conference. Three-fourths of HR professionals say their organization has a strategic business plan, and more than half...
- Change-Ups. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;4/7/2003, Vol. 21 Issue 14, p28
Focuses on the appointments and promotions of executives in Grand Rapids, Michigan as of April 7, 2003. Appointment of officers at the Association for Human Resource Management for 2003; Award received by Steve Timmerman from Michigan Campus Compact; Selection of Michael Duer as marketing...
- GET IN LINE FOR DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES. // People Management;12/6/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 24, p28
Comments on the benefits of membership in the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) for line managers in Great Britain. Importance of the development of the human resources skills of line managers; Information on the professional standards of the CIPD.
- A global vision. Wilson, Fran // People Management;9/12/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 18, p61
Provides information on 'Globalising HR,' an executive briefing published by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development. Key challenge faced by human resources (HR) executives from a globalize environment; Competencies required for the success of the HR function.
- The truth about coaching. Jarvis, Jessica // People Management;1/13/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p47
Focuses on the effectiveness of executive coaching in human resource (HR) management. Factors to be considered HR practitioners when implementing coaching programmes; Launch of a report on the impact of coaching on organisations in Great Britain by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and...
- MPI Offers Survival Strategies. Walker, Lauren; Pelletier, Sue // Medical Meetings;Mar/Apr2003, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p40
Presents updates on the organization Meeting Professionals International (MPI) in the U.S., as of March 2003. Focus of the Professional Education Conference/North America meeting of the organization held in Florida; Strategic plan of MPI; Expected announcement of the person to replace Edwin L....