Guilty, with an Explanation
- Dial's Dirty Secret. // Multinational Monitor;Oct2001, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p30
Reports on the approval by a United States (U.S.) federal judge for a go ahead of a sexual harassment case filed by the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) against Dial Corp. Testimony issued by EEOC; Significance of the decision; Remarks from the federal judge on Dial's...
- Broad Definition of "Supervisor" Throws More Uncertainty into Employer Liability for Sexual Harassment in New York, Connecticut and Vermont. Bryant, Margaret // Venulex Legal Summaries;2003 Q2, p1
The article focuses on the ruling of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit that an employee may be a supervisor without possessing tangible employment authority over another employee. The decision was borrowed from the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) definition of...
- EEOC's guidance on sexual harassment. Lissy, William E. // Supervision;Jan90, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p19
Discusses about the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission's (EEOC) `Policy Guidance on Current Issues of Sexual Harassment. What the guidelines provide; How to limit its liability for sexual harassment; When an employer is liable for sexual harassment; More.
- Florida temp files rape complaint. // Waste News;12/15/97, Vol. 3 Issue 31, p6
Presents information on charges brought against the waste management department of Miami-Dade County, Florida, by a 42-year-old female with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), who made accusations of being sexual harassed and rape. When the case was filed; Position the young...
- Sexual Harassment. James, Jennifer // Public Personnel Management;Winter81, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p402
Provides information on the concept of sexual harassment in the U.S. Creation of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission guidelines for sexual harassment; Aspect of sexual harassment; Examples of sexual harassment to be aware of.
- What You Need to Know About Same-Sex Sexual Harassment. Fink, Ross L.; Perry, Sandra J. // Industrial Management;Mar/Apr99, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p22
Presents information on same-sex sexual harassment in the United States (US). How the US Equal Employment Opportunity Commission defines sexual harassment; Information on the case Doe vs. City of Belville; Details on the case Oncale vs. Sundowners Offshore Services Inc.
- EEOC reopens comment period on sexual harassment guidelines. Laabs, Jennifer J.; Keller, Donald R. // Personnel Journal;Aug94, Vol. 73 Issue 8, p93
Reports that the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) has formally opened the comment period for sexual harassment guidelines because of significant opposition. Concerns regarding First Amendment constitutionality and freedom of religion issues.
- SEXUAL RELATIONS. // RN;Mar82, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p43
Deals with sexual harassment experienced by nurses from doctors in the U.S. Definition of sexual harassment in the workplace; Ways to respond to sexual advances of doctors to nurses; Guidelines on sexual harassment issued by the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
- Sexual harassment settlement costs $462,500 for Irvine firm. // HR Specialist: California Employment Law;Dec2011, Vol. 5 Issue 12, p5
The article reports on the settlement of a sexual harassment lawsuit brought by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) to the pool water products maker Aqua Tri for 462,500 dollars in California.