Tax Training with a Culture Lesson
- THE LIST. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);11/14/2011, Vol. 28 Issue 46, pP26
A list of accounting and tax preparation firms, as well as stock brokers in Nevada is presented, which includes Gallina LLP, Deloitte, and Piercy, Bowler, Taylor and Kern.
- OPI completes offshore construction projects. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Dec94, Vol. 221 Issue 12, p12
Reports on OPI International Inc.'s completion of several contracts for offshore construction work. Scope of work; Extent of pipeline projects.
- Aloha! // American Salon;May95, Vol. 118 Issue 5, pM4
Reports that OPI Products has announced the winners of its Hawaiian sales incentive. Prize; Receivers.
- Gulf of Mexico project goes to OPI International. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Aug94, Vol. 221 Issue 8, p10
Reports on OPI International Inc.'s contract for two deepwater pipelines in the Gulf of Mexico. Companies in the joint venture that formed the contract; Construction work for the project using OPI's DB II derrick barge and DLB 323 derrick/pipelay barge.
- Tax help wanted: Apply now! Russell, Roger // Accounting Today;11/7/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 20, p1
Reports on the increase in the demand for qualified accounting staff in the U.S. in 2005. Claim of accounting industry observers that seasonal staffing during taxation time will be more difficult; Decision of tax preparation firms to offer free or low-cost tax courses to would-be preparers;...
- Susan Weiss-Fischmann of OPI. Donahue, Kelley // American Salon;Aug95, Vol. 118 Issue 8, pM8
Profiles Susan Weiss-Fischmann, executive vice president and artistic director of the OPI International Design Team. Views on challenges facing the nail category; Sanitation; Expansion plans of OPI; Nail technician and manufacturer relationship.
- Doing Something Different for the Tax Season. Wolosky, Howard W. // Practical Accountant;Dec2005, Vol. 38 Issue 12, p42
The article focuses on the activities and plans of accounting firms during tax season in the U.S. It also mentions the different things accounting firms did in preparing 1040 returns and the changes they are planning to make for the upcoming tax season. Changes made and changes planned for the...
- Issues still dog tax preparation ASPs. Russell, Roger // Accounting Today;8/23/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 15, p1
Deals with the tax preparation application service providers (ASP) model in the U.S. Importance of ASP, according to Roman Kepczyk, president of InfoTech Partners North America; Capability of ASP model to reduce internal maintenance; Factors which affect the business operations of accounting...
- The technology planning life cycle. Boomer, Gary // Accounting Today;6/2/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p28
The article discusses the stages involved in technology planning, which allows accounting firms to best utilize its assets in the coming year. The first stage is evaluation, which involves listing positives from the prior tax season before moving on to the list of areas needing improvement. The...