Work Goes On Despite Dangers
- The Buzz. Infante, Victor D. // Workforce;Jan2001, Vol. 80 Issue 1, p22
Reveals that many international business firms are not ready to send their employees for overseas assignment. Problems in personnel management; Handling international payroll for expatriate employees; Implications of a proposed legislation on ergonomics to the United States Occupational Safety...
- Cruise lines to screen passengers. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;4/28/2003, Issue 2561, p3
Reports on the initiative of British cruise lines to protect passengers and crew members from the SARS virus.
- Going safely overseas. Zhu, William; Singh, Jas; Norton, Kathy // Industrial Management;Nov2011, Vol. 53 Issue 6, p26
The article discusses the need for multinational corporations to commit to a higher interest on employee health and safety. It notes that international companies with supply chains in Asia must utilize their influence to enhance the health and safety down to the far reaches of their supply...
- Is Global Overrated? Tavis, Anna A. // People & Strategy;Fall2014, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p4
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the author discusses the universal acknowledgement and acceptance of the practice of global talent management by corporations and members of the human resources (HR) profession.
- Doling out DISCIPLINE: How to handle incident repeaters. Dell'Isola, Anthony // Industrial Safety & Hygiene News;Feb2002, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p38
Presents tips for managing workers who commonly violate workplace safety programs. Creation of a policy governing the activities and conduct of employees; Disciplinary measures; Recording of incidents.
- Build Safety By Building Personal Accountability. Hoover, Timothy J. // Professional Safety;Dec99, Vol. 44 Issue 12, p12
Discusses factors that lead to a successful and effective safety effort in an industrial setting. Proof that priorities set by management do not always match those of employees; Importance of employee involvement in the success of a safety effort; Other tips in designing and implementing an...
- The soul of safety. Forck, Matt // Industrial Safety & Hygiene News;Feb2003, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p54
Discusses the aspects of occupational safety. Categories of safety; Complexities in evaluating the safety concerns of a worker; Elements needed in a safety program.
- Health and safety at work. // Accountancy;Oct88, Vol. 102 Issue 1142, p53
Reports on regulations that extend to trainees the full protection of the Health and Safety at Work Act of 1974 in Great Britain.
- IN BRIEF. // Occupational Health;Jul2010, Vol. 62 Issue 7, p6
This section offers news briefs related to human resources in Great Britain, including the fine imposed on Genaro Saiano and Dejan Durkin, directors of DG Bakery of Bedford, England, for a series of health and safety violations which exposed staff to serious danger.