- Retailers urged to back carpet week initiative. // Cabinet Maker;04/20/2001, Issue 5234, p3
Reports that Great Britain furniture retailers are being urged to support the April 2001 National Carpet Week and National Carpet Day to boost sales.
- CBI reports sales down in October. // Cabinet Maker;11/10/2000, Issue 5213, p3
Reports on the downturn in retail sales volume in October 2000 at a balance of furniture and carpet retailers.
- September sales recover. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;10/16/98, Issue 5110, p5
Cites the `CBI Distributive Trades Survey,' which reported September 1998 sales of furniture and carpet retailers. Comparison with August and July figures; Value of furniture and lighting sales in June and July.
- Housing recovery lifts retail fortunes. // Cabinet Maker;4/7/2006, Issue 5482, p6
The article reports on the increase in sales in the furniture trade in Great Britain but a decrease in retail sales has been retained in March 2006. The biggest improvement was posted by the furniture and carpet sectors. The housing market also improved which resulted to more sales of furniture...
- January sales volume up. // Cabinet Maker;02/09/2001, Issue 5224, p5
Examines the profitability of furniture and carpet retailers in January in Great Britain. Results of the CB/Distributive Trades Survey; Growth of the annual sales; Chart on the annual sales volume of retailers.
- Sales volumes still falling. // Cabinet Maker;8/5/2005, Issue 5450, p4
Reports on the result of the survey on the performance of the furniture retailing sector in Great Britain. State of orders and sales in the industry; Impact of the survey on furniture makers; Performance of furniture and carpets in the retail sector.
- Order shopper guide now. // Cabinet Maker;04/21/2000, Issue 5184, p4
Reports that the BBSA will launch a consumer brochure to provide shoppers with information on how to choose and care for furniture and carpets.
- Fast and simple. // Cabinet Maker;2/25/2005, Issue 5427, p12
The article focuses on GlynWebb, which is an unsuitable for a do-it-yourself retailer. One would not find power tools or cement in its stores--home decoration is much more its thing--but it has an unusual approach to furniture retailing also. Most products can be bought there and then, while the...
- Safavieh debuts Loft merchandising program. McIntosh, Jay // Furniture/Today;7/30/2007, Vol. 31 Issue 46, p108
The article reports that Safavieh, a furniture and rug supplier, will launch a retail merchandising program, called Safavieh Loft. Under the program, the company will offer retailers dating and other benefits in exchange for a space commitment. Safavieh Home Furnishings director of sales Dick...