Kiss and make up?
- The new realities of sourcing and markets. Sloan, Carole // Furniture/Today;10/10/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p102
Reports on the market performance of the furniture industry in the U.S. Influence of sourcing and retailing on home furnishings; Operations of the furniture companies; Need for the furniture industry to adopt changes in the marketplace.
- Mega posts 2003 gains as No. 1 buying group. Knell, Michael J. // Furniture/Today;6/14/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 40, p14
Reports that Mega Group Inc. maintained its position as Canada's largest furniture buying and marketing group in 2003. Total furniture, bedding, and accessory retail sales generated by the group's members; Shift in the group's focus to the development and implementation of retail systems;...
- Retailers: Too soon to predict price effects. Engel, Clint // Furniture/Today;6/28/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 42, p58
Examines the direction of the ruling of the antidumping issue against China regarding its effect on retail pricing and sourcing. Claim by U.S. furniture retailers of the difficulty in predicting the outcome due to the multitude of variables; Expectation by some of the imposition of preliminary...
- BDO: Feb. orders off 12%. // Furniture/Today;5/5/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 34, p4
Presents information on the value of U.S. furniture factory orders for the first quarter of 2003. Factors affecting the furniture factory order pattern in the country; Value of shipments for the same period; Comparison of the total furniture orders posted in January, February and March of the...
- Cracks in the Alliance. Hickins, Michael // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;12/13/2000, Vol. 180 Issue 111, p15
Discusses the reluctance of retail companies to participate in Internet-based trading exchanges in New York City. Challenges confronting the exchanges; Reasons given by companies such as Wal-Mart and Federated Department Stores for not participating in the exchanges; Human capital and...
- Vendors turned off by off-invoice programs. // Chain Store Age;Jul96, Vol. 72 Issue 7, p49
Focuses on studies showing a gap in the relationship between retailers and suppliers. Fundamental mistrust and lack of cooperation resulting from the gap; Communication problems; Dominance of off-invoice programs; Rating of H.E. Butt as most effective retailer in dealing with trade promotion...
- HSN Acquires Chasing Fireflies. Parry, Tim // Multichannel Merchant Exclusive Insight;4/3/2012, p1
The article reports on the acquisition of Chasing Fireflies, an upscale children's apparel seller, by HSN, a crosschannel retailer, terms of which require the former to fall under the Cornerstone Brands operating segment of the latter.
- Local suppliers do what national suppliers don't. Hye, Jeanette // National Home Center News;8/7/95, Vol. 21 Issue 15, p323
Focuses on the working relationship of large and small retailers with small-scale suppliers. Flexibility and customized services; Effect of product availability on small manufacturers; Benefits of working with local vendors.
- Keep the Goods Moving. Matyjewicz, George // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;Dec99, Vol. 100 Issue 12, p38
Discusses some useful ideas on retail supply chain process, contributed by online experts at `E-Tailer's Digest.' Advantage of moving merchandise faster through the supply chain; Equipment needed in bar coding distribution center; Different sources to turn to for help in dealing with retail...