Nebraska Legislature Waiting to See If Governor Will Veto $5.4 Billion Budget
- News In Brief: Nebraska Approves $170M in Cuts. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/12/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31263, p2
Reports that Nebraska governor Mike Johanns has approved several measures to reduce the state's biennial budget. Reason for the reduction; Appropriations cut by the governor for the fiscal years 2002 and 2003.
- Nebraska Gov. Would Cut 10% From All State Agencies. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/17/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31555, p4
Reports on an announcement by Nebraska Governor Mike Johanns regarding a cut in finance for state agencies across the board. Reason behind the budget cut; Description of the proposal.
- NEBRASKA: More Cuts. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/24/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31250, p39
Reports on the plan of Nebraska governor Mike Johanns to propose reduction in the state budget. Increase in the state budget shortage from the original value predicted in May 2001; Reduction in the state's spending plans; Resurrection of a state-wide property tax for funding of community colleges.
- Accentuating the positive in Nebraska's GOP race for governor. Wickers, Bob; Dresner, Dick // Campaigns & Elections (1996);Jul98, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p31
Discusses strategies created by candidate Mike Johanns' campaign handlers that made him win the primary for governor in Nebraska. Johanns' political career; Rivalry with state auditor John Breslow in the primary; Grassroots politics as ideological base for Johanns' campaign; Comparison of...
- Mike Johanns. Cavanaugh, Lori // Our States: Nebraska;2016, p1
This article focuses on Nebraska Governor Mike Johanns, who was elected in 1998 after serving as mayor of Lincoln since 1991. The biographical information details Johanns' early life and childhood, as well as how his career path led him into politics. Johanns' major accomplishments as governor...
- Payment limit battle takes still another turn. Laws, Forrest // Western Farm Press;5/7/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 13, p4
Reports on the quest of George W. Bush's administration for lower payment limits to help reduce the federal budget deficit in agriculture in the U.S. Willingness of Agriculture Secretary Mike Johanns to work with Congress on other cost saving recommendations; Support to the call for lower...
- Budget would cut payment limits to agriculture. Laws, Forrest // Southwest Farm Press;2/17/2005, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p1
The article informs that the budget presented by the Federal Government would cut payment limits to agriculture. You can not say that the Bush administration "pulled any punches" in announcing its budget proposal to cut agricultural spending by $587 million in fiscal 2006, in part, by capping...
- Nebraska Governor Introduces Nearly $6B Biennial Budget. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/19/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32052, p28
Reports on the biennial budget proposal of Nebraska Governor Mike Johanns. Proposed settlement payment with the federal government from general fund reserves; Proposed amount for general fund appropriations in fiscal year 2006; Average budget increase.
- Conner downplaying the 'V' word in farm bill debate. Laws, Forrest // Southwest Farm Press;11/1/2007, Vol. 33 Issue 21, p4
The author reflects on the view of recently appointed acting deputy secretary of agriculture Chuck Conner regarding a possible veto recommendation for the Senate Agriculture Committee's veto of a farm bill in the U.S. He explained that the budget planning proposed by former agricultural deputy...