Bear Stearns Paid McGreevey Ally $250K for N.J. Tobacco-Deal Help
- Varied Calendar Includes Virginia Tobacco, Texas Hotel. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;5/9/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32128, p6
The article focuses on a $428.5 million tobacco bond deal in Virginia and a $203 million insured hotel bond deal in Texas. The tobacco bond deal is being sold by the Virginia Tobacco Settlement Financing Corp. in a negotiated sale scheduled for Thursday that will be led by Bear, Stearns & Co....
- Bear Stearns Shops Placement for SESAC. G. C. // Private Placement Letter;2/18/2008, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p1
The article reports on the deal between the Society of European Stage Authors and Composers (SESAC) and Bear Sterns & Co. Inc. in the U.S. It is stated that SESAC is seeking private funds via Bear Sterns. The deal is reportedly $175 million in size, with an 11-year final and seven-year average...
- Virginia Ready to Be First Tobacco Bond Issuer Since '03. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;4/28/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32121, p34
The article reports that Virginia is gearing up for a mid-May offering of its long-stalled sale of tax-exempt bonds backed by future payments under the Master Settlement Agreement (MSA) with tobacco companies of the U.S. It will be the first tobacco bonds ever sold by Virginia and the first sold...
- Bear Stearns Is Wisconsin Book-Runner. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/26/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31271, p1
Reports on the selection of the firm Bear, Stearns & Co. out of 25 other firms to structure and market out tobacco bonds early next year as of November 26, 2001. Basis of selection of the firm; Announcement of firms rounding out the underwriting syndicate; Possible inclusions in the transaction.
- Bear Stearns Expands Bond Trading to the Net. Kite, Shane // Securities Industry News;03/06/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p1
Describes the expansion strategies of securities company Bear Stearns & Co. Launching of the company's electronic bond trading systems; Plans in building its platform to electronically trade in all types of securities; Investments made by the company with Chase Manhattan and J.P. Morgan in...
- Bear: Clearers react. Hendrickson, Mark // Securities Industry News;07/12/99, Vol. 11 Issue 27, p1
Reports on the reaction of officials at numerous clearing houses on Bear Stearns & Co.' agreement to settle a United States Securities & Exchange Commission fraud investigation into its clearinghouse operations. Potential impact of the case to clearing firms; Terms of a Bear settlement offer.
- Bear Stearns Looks To Get South Carolina Tobacco Bond Sale. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/20/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31021, p3
Reports on South Carolina's 800 million dollar tobacco securitization. Appointment of Bear Stearns & Co. as an underwriter; Political contributions to a pro-lottery campaign.
- Illinois Pressures Bear For Market-Timing Evidence. // Money Management Executive;3/7/2005, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p1
The article reports that securities regulators in Illinois are pressuring Bear Stearns & Co. to turn over documents that contain proof of market-timing improprieties. The state threatened Bear with a penalty and/or revocation of its state license. Elizabeth Ventura, a Bear Stearns spokeswoman,...
- Brokerages belly up to the trade clearance bar. // Bank Investment Consultant;Oct99, Vol. 7 Issue 10, p53
Reports on the fraud lawsuit against clearing firm Bear Stearns and Co. Inc. and its possible effect of raising prices due to higher compliance and oversight costs. Case involving trade clearing for defunct brokerage firm A.R. Baron and Co.; Out-of-court settlement by subsidiary Bear Stearns...