Phoenix Suburbs Split on Questions of Bonding, Property Taxes
- Appendix D. Canadian 2008 Survey Results. // Journal of Property Tax Assessment & Administration;2009, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p75
The article presents the survey results of the property tax assessment of Canadian countries in the 2009 issue of "Journal of Property Tax Assessment & Administration" are presented.
- Commissioners say no to new tax-capture district. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;4/30/2012, Vol. 30 Issue 18, p9
The article reports that the Kent County commissioners decided against letting the newly established North Quarter Corridor Improvement District from capturing part of its operational, corrections and senior property tax milages.
- INDUCTIVE EVIDENCE OF TAX CAPITALIZATION. Woodard, F.O.; Brady, Ronald W. // National Tax Journal;Jun65, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p193
Focuses on tax capitalization, or the theory that taxes imposed on income producing properties are offset by a compensating reduction in the prices for which the properties are exchanged. Development of a model that tests the tax capitalization hypothesis; Factors affecting the determination of...
- Taxes. // Journal of Business (10756124);5/22/2014 Supplement Market Fact Book, p42
Various graphs and charts are presented on topics including property tax distribution for 2014, average of all levy rates per 1,000 U.S. dollars of assessed value and budget expenditure for 2014 in Spokane County, Washington.
- The Property Tax as a Capital Tax: A Room with Three Views. Zodrow, George R. // National Tax Journal;Mar2001, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p139
Focuses on a study that reviewed the ongoing debate regarding the property tax. Three views on the property tax; Theory on a capital tax view of the property tax; Approach in choosing among the three views.
- Cemetery upkeep levy passed. // eFocus on Municipal Assessment & Taxation;12/2/2013, Vol. 18 Issue 23, p3
The article reports on the approval of a levy to help keep up the Pine River Cemetery in Colorado.
- ARIZONA: 3d Time May Be the Charm. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;7/5/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33543, p9
The article reports on the move of the proponents of the Proposition 13 plan, which limits state and local property tax levies, to file in state office for the third time in Arizona.
- Council Tax bills for band D properties could rise by 4.2% this year. Jones, Lee // Mortgage Strategy;3/5/2007, p17
The article forecasts the increase of council tax bills for band D properties by 4.2 percent to over Â£1,300 in 2007, according to the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy. The survey analyses the Council Tax settlements of almost two-thirds of the local authorities in England...
- WASHINGTON: 'Levy Lift' Stages Comeback. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;11/16/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32756, p9
The article reports that the bill that provides school districts an easement to approve temporary property tax introduced by Washington lawmakers may now likely to pass, following its defeat in early returns during the election held last November 13, 2007. The coming of more votes in the state...