ACA Holdings Doubles Its First-Quarter Net Income
- Amid Executive Shake-Ups, ACA Announces 65% Earnings Increase. Chang, Helen; Briggs, Amanda // Bond Buyer;5/17/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31885, p1
Reports on bond insurer ACA Financial Guaranty Corp.'s posting of higher earnings for the first quarter of 2004 amid key executive changes, including the resignation of chief executive officer Michael Satz. ACA's actual and forecasted earnings; Net income for the period; Satz's reasons for...
- ACA promotes execs, acts to strengthen midwest presence. Heaton, Kenneth; Sherman, Lynn // Bond Buyer;10/14/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30747, p29
Reports that bond insurer ACA Financial Guaranty Corp. announced several high-level promotions, as well as the establishment of a regional office to expand the firm's Midwest presence. Details regarding the reorganization initiative carried out by the company; ACA's implementation of other...
- ACA Reports Positive Net Income for 2Q and 1st Half. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;8/30/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31461, p5
Reports the net income of 1.11 million dollars according to the American Capital Access Holdings Inc. as of August 2002. Estimation of 2.27 million dollars net income for the first half of 2002; Category of expenses; Approximation of t20.7 percent for general obligations and tax-backed deals.
- Troubled guarantor loses its longtime chair, revamps staff. O'Leary, Christopher // Investment Dealers' Digest;02/26/2001, Vol. 67 Issue 8, p9
Highlights rumors concerning the alleged removal of H. Russell Fraser from his position of chairman of ACA Financial Guaranty Corp. Possible revamping of workforce; Near downgrading of the guarantor to junk status.
- After Its Near Escape, ACA Plans Layoffs in a Bid to Trim Expenses. Carpenter-Kasprzak, Sheri // Bond Buyer;02/13/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31076, p6
Focuses on United States-based ACA Financial Guaranty Corp.'s plan to lay off an undetermined number of employees. Projected savings; Part of the reorganization plan to cut costs.
- ACA's broker/dealer up and running, pipeline in place. MG // Asset Securitization Report;12/10/2001, Vol. 1 Issue 47, p2
Reports on the launch of the American Capital Access' broker/dealer business as of November 20, 2001. Company's efforts to enhance its asset management business; American Capital Access' desire to better mitigate risk by placing parts of its own deals.
- Fitch senior analyst leaves to join ACA. Kuiper, Mark T. // Bond Buyer;04/08/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30368, p43
Announces the appointment of Andrea Bozzo as American Capital Access' firm principal and senior analyst. Bozzo's achievement at Fitch IBCA Inc.
- After Stumbling at Start of 2001, ACA Seeks Profitable Stride. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;05/29/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31148, p6
Reports that ACA Financial Guaranty Corp. is anticipating a profit in 2001 after its move to reduce staff and modify its business plan to expand insurance coverage into less competitive sectors and engage in structured finance. Forecast made by chief executive Michael E. Satz of company profit...
- Guarantor FGIC Marks Big Gains, But ACA Financial's Losses Continue. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;11/16/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31267, p3
Reports on an increase in net income of bond insurer Financial Guaranty Insurance Co. (FGIC) and net loss for ACA Financial Guaranty Corp. during the third quarter of 2001 in the U.S. Percentage increase in net income registered by FGIC; Total amount in net premium written by FGIC for the...