House Transportation Committee OKs $14.8B for FAA Improvement Program
- FAA: Wayne County, Mich., Agency Can Assume Control of 2 Airports. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/12/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31447, p3
Reports the approval of the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) for Wayne County Airport Authority to manage the Detroit Metro and Willow Run airport in the U.S. Marketing of government securities; Reliance of the FAA on the legal counsel; Application of lawsuit by the Wayne County commissioner.
- FAA's Capacity Data Test Airlines, Airports. Bond, David // Aviation Week & Space Technology;4/30/2001, Vol. 154 Issue 18, p52
Focuses on capacity benchmarks for delay-prone airlines and airports by the United States Federal Aviation Administration. Analysis of capacity and scheduled operations at major airports; Aim to identify delay problems; Assessment of improvements planned at each airport.
- Senate returns to FAA bill. Cox, Ramsey // Hill;2/14/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 18, p25
The article reports on the anticipated continuation of the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) reauthorization bill in 2011.
- Obama Presents Looming Deadline For Transportation as a Jobs Issue. MOORE, DENNIS // Bond Buyer;9/1/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33576, p3
The article reports on the move of U.S. President Barack Obama to urge Congress to extend the expiring surface transportation law called the SAFETEA-LU and the spending authorization of the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
- DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION. // Federal Register;11/9/2012, Vol. 77 Issue 218, p67438
The article presents updates on rules or proposed rules by the U.S. Department of Transportation. A notice was issued by the Federal Aviation Administration with summary of a petition seeking relief from specified requirements of 14 Code of Federal Regulations. The Federal Transit Administration...
- Supreme Court makes independent contractor status tougher for motor carriers. // HR Specialist: California Employment Law;Sep2014, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p3
The article presents a California Supreme Court court case Alfredo Harris v. Pac Anchor Transportation Inc. which deals with the enforcement of wage-and-hour laws under the Federal Aviation Administration Authorization Act of 1994 (FAAAA).
- President signs highway funding extension. // Overdrive;Oct2011, Vol. 51 Issue 10, p71
The article reports on the Surface and Air Transportation Programs Extension Act of 2011 signed by the U.S. President Barack Obama that extends taxes funding federal highway spending until March 2012 and the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration until January 2012, signed on September 16, 2011.
- HAZMAT do's and don'ts. Martin, Linda L. // Business & Commercial Aviation;Feb99, Vol. 84 Issue 2, p66
Explains the United States Federal Aviation Administration's regulations concerning air transportation of hazardous materials (HAZMAT). Three ways in which flight departments can find themselves involved in HAZMAT enforcement actions; Labeling requirements; Importance of general...
- FAA on the Lookout for HazMat. // Air Safety Week;8/4/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 30, p2
The article reports on the regulations adopted by the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) for air transportation of hazardous materials. It informs that FAA has enforced regulations since the Hazardous Materials Transportation Act was passed in late 1970s. It mentions that as a result of...