DOT's $247 Billion Proposal Insufficient, Senate Panel Says
- (DISABILITIES) $10.7M Available for Bus Accessibility Equipment, Training. // Community Health Funding Week;1/22/2010, p4
The article offers information on the 10.7 million dollars Accessibility Program Grants of the U.S. Department of Transportation.
- DOT giving more aid to high-speed railway between D.C., Florida. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;12/07/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30534, p4
Reports that the United States Department of Transportation made a commitment to provide more aid to the Southeast Speed Rail Corridor, which by the year 2005 would link Washington, D.C. with Jacksonville, Florida. Total amount contributed by the American federal government to rail improvements...
- DOT Gives $200M in Infrastructure Grants. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;10/31/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31007, p5
Reports that the United States Department of Transportation has awarded Federal Highway Administration discretionary funds for infrastructure grants located in 49 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico. Total amount of grants; Types of grants awarded to certain states.
- Dutchess County receives $3.6 million in DOT funding. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;10/18/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 42, p3
The article reports on the 3.6 million funds received by the Dutchess County in New York from the Department of Transportation's (DOTs) Federal Transit Administration's State of Good Repair Bus and Bus Facilities Initiative.
- Emergency relief funds flow to roads and bridges. // Roads & Bridges;Dec2002, Vol. 40 Issue 12, p11
Reports that Oklahoma will receive 11.9 million dollars in federal money towards the cost of recovering from the May 26, 2002 I-40 bridge failure. Repair of damages caused to the bridge by the U.S. Dept. of Transportation.
- Feds' Secret Deal. Wilner, Frank N. // Traffic World;7/31/2000, Vol. 263 Issue 5, p36
Reports on the accusation against the U.S. Department of Transportation and its Federal Railroad Administration for conspiring with the White House Office of Management and Budget to sabotage a railroad loan and loan-guarantee program. Improvement of track and bridges; Freight services and...
- Putting TIFIA on Track. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;10/22/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31248, p1
Discusses efforts by Democrats on the U.S. House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee, to include additional Transportation Infrastructure Finance and Innovation Act (TIFIA) credit assistance to a 50 billion dollar economic stimulus package. Cost of the additional credit in billion...
- FEDERAL GRANTS EARMARKED FOR BORDER TRANSPORTATION WORK. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;06/26/2000, Vol. 244 Issue 25, p21
Reports on the grants to be awarded by the United States (US) Department of Transportation to boost work on cross-border transportation projects which some state officials say is not enough. Details on the grants; Number of states that received funds in 2000; Comments from Randy Ort, spokesman...
- TRANSIT FUNDS AWARDED. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;10/16/2000, Vol. 245 Issue 15, p21
Discusses the United States Department of Transportation's awarding of grants for mass transit projects in the US. Amount of grants.