Charlotte's 1st Installment
- Colorado. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;07/15/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30187, p34
Reports on the rating assigned by Moody's Investors Service to the $40.1 million certificates of participation (COP) of the city and county of Denver, Colorado. Rating of the city and county's general obligation debt; Scheduled sale of the lease purchase COPs on July 29, 1997.
- Fulton County, Ga., opens way for $136 million of COPs. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;02/19/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30582, p4
Reports on the approval of the sale of $136 million worth of certificates of participation by commissioners in Fulton County, Georgia. Allocations in the capital plan; Dismissal of the Board of Tax Assessors and the county manager after the discovery that the 1999 budget would incur an $85...
- SOUTHEAST Bond-Watch. DeSue, Tedra; Smith, Aaron T.; Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/7/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31339, p27
Reports developments related to public finance in the U.S. as of March 2002. Reduction of the bond package of Governor Roy Barnes; Selling of certificates of participation; Relocation of basketball team Charlotte Hornets.
- Baltimore County Planning to Sell $46.5 Million of COPs. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;5/5/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31877, p7
Reports on the preparation by Baltimore County, Maryland of a sale of multimillion dollars in certificates of participation (COP). Intended use of the proceeds from the sale of the COP; Concurrence of the bond sale plans with some welcome budget relief for the county; Account of the...
- Southeast Bond-Watch. Sigo, Shelly; DeSue, Tedra; Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;8/16/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31204, p29
Reports developments regarding public finance in the United States as of August 16, 2001. Details on the decisions of Winston-Salem officials to sell certificates of appreciation; Accounts on the sale of state Housing Development Agency bonds; Announcement on the approval of federal disaster...
- Florida School Districts Offer $200 Million of Insured COPs. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;04/15/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30620, p36
Focuses on two Florida-based school districts' plan to issue certificates of participation (COP) to fund school needs. Advantages of COP over bonds; Orange County School Board's construction of three elementary schools and one middle school; School Board of Osceola County's plan to build an...
- Vermont Communities Seek Broadband COP Deal. KASKE, MICHELLE // Bond Buyer;3/3/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33073, p4
The article reports that a plan to bring broadband service to 22 communities in Vermont is in need of credit enhancement to help the program move forward with a $100 million certificate of participation deal. The development will generate 300 construction jobs, 100 permanent positions, and...
- Creative Financing. O'Meara, Kelly Patricia // Insight on the News;4/15/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 13, p12
Reports on the manipulation of financial instruments known as certificates of participation in the Van Nuys Courthouse project by the municipality of Los Angeles County in California. Background on the Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors; Aim of the Robbins legislation; Amount of debt of the...
- COP Deal Puts Competitive Sales In a New Light for Denver RTD. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;04/11/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30868, p1
Reports on competitive sale of certificates of participation (COP) by Denver, Colorado's Regional Transportation District (RTD). Benefits of competitive sale; Value of the COP issued by RTD; Plan of RTF officials to evaluate future sales on a deal-by-deal basis.