INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: Telecommunications
- On or Off: There's no in between. McElligott, Tim // Telephony;9/23/2002, Vol. 243 Issue 11, p38
Focuses on the business performance of the telecommunication industry. Reorganization of the Qwest Communications; Number of central offices of the company; Responsibility of technicians in conducting monthly maintenance checks of the battery system.
- Local Entities Must Deal With Communities Excluded From the Telecommunications Revolution. Stauffer, Mike // New Mexico Business Journal;Dec2002, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p29
Assesses the status of the telecommunications industry in New Mexico as of December 2002. List of independent telephone companies in the state; Areas in which Qwest agreed to expand the local calling area; Initiative from the Northern New Mexico Telecommunications Advocacy Group.
- Qwest buries fibers of huge packet bandwidth to unbog the Internet. Metcalfe, Bob // InfoWorld;01/05/98, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p87
Comments on the efforts of Qwest Communications Inc. to offer long-distance telephone services in the United States via the Internet. Use of conduits in connecting several cities in the United States; Rates offered to telephone customers; Books offering information on Qwest and the telephone...
- Growing pains test Qwest. Rohde, David // Network World;11/08/99, Vol. 16 Issue 45, p1
Reports on charges by users and consultants that Qwest Communications Inc. has been missing installation dates on private lines, frame relay nodes and Web hosting facilities. Qwest executives' insistence that they are on top of the situation; Huge demand for products; Customers saying that the...
- QWEST COMMUNICATIONS INTL. Goldblatt, Henry // Fortune;
Features the telecommunications company Qwest Communications International. Their role in building the fifth coast-to-coast telecom network in the United States; The founder Joe Nacchio.
- Qwest reduces debt. // RCR Wireless News;12/23/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 51/52, p252
Reports on the reduction of Qwest Communications International's outstanding debt through an exchange offer in 2002. Significance of the successful results of the private exchange offer for the company; Allegation of some bondholders against Qwest's offer.
- Fire sales smolder. Vittore, Vince; Sewell, Chris // Telephony;06/04/2001, Vol. 240 Issue 23, p18
Focuses on the acquisition of network assets by wireless carriers. Plan of Qwest Communications to cut capital expenses; Views on the effectiveness of using resources to focus on existing markets than to expand.
- QWEST UNE TRANSITION PLAN LEAVES CLECs IN THE COLD. Bischoff, Glenn // Telephony;2/10/2003, Vol. 244 Issue 3, p15
Focuses on the impact of the transition plan of Qwest Communications Inc. on telecommunication switches from unbundled network elements (UNE) in the U.S. Removal of non-incumbent switches from the list of UNE; Views of competitive carriers on the transition plan; Role of state commissioners in...
- Qwest's service problems no great mystery. Rohde, David // Network World;11/15/99, Vol. 16 Issue 46, p38
Relates the source of telecommunication firm Qwest's service problems. Qwest's acquisition of long-distance carrier LCI International; Deployment of a frame relay/asynchronous transfer mode net from Lucent; Propensity of Qwest executives to engage in politicking as a source of the firm's service...