INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: Media/Entertainment
- Another thriller for Diller watchers. Amdur, Meredith // Variety;7/21/2003, Vol. 391 Issue 9, p6
Comments on the plan of Barry Diller, head of the U.S. entertainment company QVC, to participate in an auction for the assets of Vivendi Universal as of July 2003. Challenges facing the plan; Recount of a 1993 dispute between QVC and Viacom over the stocks of Paramount; Lesson about the...
- Diller warns broadcasters about perils of deregulation. Boliek, Brooks // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;4/8/2003, Vol. 378 Issue 7, p8
While Barry Diller may no longer be in the television or entertainment business, he still has strong opinions about itâ€” and he gave them to the broadcast industry on April 7, 2003, warning executives attending the National Association of Broadcasters convention to be careful when they...
- TheWeek. // Advertising Age;3/24/2003, Vol. 74 Issue 12, p20
The article reports on developments relevant to mass media companies in the United States as of March 24, 2003. Key issues discussed include moderate growth projected for Walt Disney Co. and the resignation of Barry Diller from his position as co-chief executive officer of Vivendi Universal...
- U BIDDERS PONY UP IN STRETCH. Amdur, Meredith; Goldsmith, Jill // Variety;6/16/2003, Vol. 391 Issue 5, p4
Deals with issues surrounding the auction for the entertainment assets of Vivendi Universal as of June 16, 2003. Financial backers for the auction; Bidders for the assets; Stand of executive Barry Diller on running Vivendi.
- Diller dickering heats up. Amdur, Meredith // Daily Variety;3/18/2004, Vol. 282 Issue 59, p1
Reports on the involvement of Barry Diller in negotiations for the pending sale of Vivendi Universal Entertainment. Lawsuit filed by the company's parent, Vivendi Universal, against Diller's InterActiveCorp; Veto rights claimed by Diller over the Vivendi Universal Entertainment partnership.
- Diller moves to log off Hollywood. Bennett, Ray; Williams, Chad // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;6/14/2005, Vol. 389 Issue 29, p50
The article reports on IAC/InterActive Corp.'s plan to sale its stake in Vivendi Universal Entertainment. Barry Diller's Internet juggernaut IAC took its foot out of the Hollywood door, unveiling a $3.4 billion cash and stock deal to sell a minority stake in a part of NBC Universal back to the...
- LE JOIE OF BEING AN ALSO-RAN. Amdur, Meredith // Variety;9/1/2003, Vol. 392 Issue 3, p6
Reports on various issues involved in the auction of Vivendi Universal Entertainment (VUE) in the U.S. as of September 1, 2003. Disinterest shown by Barry Diller regarding the VUE deal; Role of Comcast's Brian Roberts in the deal; Reputation of VUE in the entertainment industry.
- BIZ Briefs. Sherman, Jay // Television Week;3/22/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p17
Examines the latest developments in some companies in the media industry as of March 2004. Reason of Vivendi Universal for seeking to resolve a dispute between the French conglomerate and Barry Diller's InterActiveCorp; Financial status presented by Cablevision Systems; Plan of Martha Stewart...
- Made in USA: The new style of e-commerce. Kim, Hank // Ad Age Global;May2002, Vol. 2 Issue 9, p26
Focuses on chief executive officer Barry Diller and the deal between USA Networks Inc. and Vivendi Universal Entertainment. Entertainment properties of USA Networks; View of Diller about commerce; Background on Diller's career.