INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: FIGs
- Yes, Virginia, You Can Beat the Market... // Journal of Financial Planning;Sep2003, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p22
This article reports that financial planners generally are not the ones to encourage clients to try to beat the stock market because they believe most traders cannot, according to a paper written by three finance professors. Still, those same professors find that one in five traders can...
- 5 winners. // Money Management;12/1/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 45, p22
The article presents news briefs related to financial services in Australia. The Aussie stock market presented positive results due to a huge number of investors interest. The Macquarie Bank, unlike the Aussie stock market, which might be facing some trouble in the start of 2006, may show the...
- With market in a nosedive, investment banks hit first. Elstein, Aaron // American Banker;9/14/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 175, p33
Reports that due to the continued turmoil of the stock market, investment banks in the United States are expected to follow the market. Reference to market rumors about Lehman Brothers Holding company; Percentage decline average od shares for twenty four securities firms; Increase of Standard...
- Nigeria's stock exchange is reviewing applications from some leading global investment banks. // African Business News;4/23/2013, p23
The article reports on the move of the stock exchange of Nigeria to review applications from investment banks to participate in its trading floor in 2013.
- In brief. // BRW;12/11/95, Vol. 17 Issue 48, International Business... p8
Reports that Malaysia's Commerce International, Merchant Bankers Bhd and Singapore's OCBC Asset management Ltd have launched Malaysia's first unit trust to invest in bonds. Open-ended 100 million ringgit fund; Investment in fixed-income securities listed in the Kuala Lumpur stock Exchange,...
- Everyone wants to be an investment banker. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;4/18/1997, Vol. 41 Issue 16, p40
Focuses on the growth of investment banking in Egypt and its implications on the Egyptian stock exchanges. Number of investors in 1996; Market leaders in the investment banking category; Increased competition in the new business sector; Stock exchange turnover from 1992 to 1997.
- UPCOMING EVENTS. // Private Placement Letter;3/13/2006, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p2
The article presents a calendar of events involving companies in the securities industry worldwide in 2006. A conference titled "7th Annual Mezzanine Finance Forum" will be held on March 14-15. The Information Management Network (IMN) will present a symposium on March 30. A conference on...
- Exchanges Emerge As Competitive Challenge to Banks, Says BearingPoint. Kutler, Jeffrey // Securities Industry News;6/12/2006, Vol. 18 Issue 23, p1
Reports on a study by BearingPoint which predicts that securities exchanges will become a competitive challenge to investment banks and brokerages. Implications for the securities industry; Challenge faced by firms; Advisory role of the largest participants.
- IT key to stock exchange takeover. Huber, Nick // Computer Weekly;1/25/2005, p5
This article reports that the Deutsche Borse AG stock exchange will need to win approval from investment banks and regulators for possible changes to trading technology at the London Stock Exchange if its planned takeover is to be successful. If the takeover goes through, it is believed the...