ON THE BLOCK: CLEARING OPERATIONS
- Brokers Rack Up Big Gains as Equities Roar into Second Half. // Traders Magazine;Sep2006, Vol. 19 Issue 258, p30
The article reports on the racking up of gains by the stockbrokers as equities are roaring at the second half of 2006. Gross revenues of the largest investment bank at Wall Street is said to raise up to 62% in the year 2005. According to the chief financial officer at Bear Stearns Sam Molinaro,...
- SoundView shifts biz to Bear Stearns. Dabaie, Michael // Securities Industry News;09/06/99, Vol. 11 Issue 35, p4
Discusses the plan of Stamford, Connecticut-based SoundView Technology Group to switch its clearing business to Bear Stearns Securities Corp. from BT Alex. Brown Correspondent Services. Demand for commitment to the clearing business; BT Alex. Brown as part of Deutsche Bank.
- Bear Stearns outpaces UBS this time around. K.S. // Asset Securitization Report;10/4/2004, Vol. 4 Issue 38, p16
Reports that Bear Stearns Securities Corp. has topped the manager activity rankings for agency and non-agency mortgage-backed securities, according to preliminary data from Thomson Financial Inc. Bear Stearns' sale and market share; Top MBS underwriters through September 30, 2004.
- Guide to Correspondent Clearing Firms. // Securities Industry News;Fall2004 Supp Clearing Quarterly, p24
Presents a directory of correspondent clearing firms in the U.S. as of September 7, 2004. Advanced Clearing; Bear Stearns Securities Corp.- Global Clearing Services; Banc of America BrokerDealer Services.
- Another suit filed against Bear's clearing unit. Dabaie, Michael // Securities Industry News;02/01/99, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p4
Focuses on a class action lawsuit against Bear Stearns Securities Corp. filed by Howard Greenberg in New York City. Claims concerning fraudulent trades of a correspondent, Sterling Foster; Allegation that Bear Stearns knowingly participated in the scheme; Previous arbitration claim by Greenberg.
- For small broker-dealers, compliance is about trust. Stirland, Sarah // Securities Industry News;02/01/99, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p11
Focuses on preparations for the year 2000 date conversion problem (Y2K) for small securities brokerage firms in the United States, highlighting tests by the Securities Industry Association (SIA). Participation in the SIA's Streetwide tests by Bear Stearns Securities Corp. and Fidelity...
- FAST TRACK. // Traders Magazine;Oct2004, Vol. 17 Issue 231, p18
Presents career changes in the United States securities industry for the month of October 2004. Steve Massocca's appointment as co-chief executive at Pacific Growth Equities; Appointments of Robert Katz and Darrell Walker at Pacific; Brett Redfearn's appointment at Bear Stearns; Leerink Swann &...
- CONSOLIDATED STREET RESEARCH. // Asset Securitization Report;12/18/2006, Vol. 6 Issue 48, p28
The article presents research information of several companies in the securities industry. The two triple-B minus indices of Bear Stearns Securities Corp. is observed to be trading close to their fair value. In the JPMorgan Securities Inc., analysts look for a significant increase of financial...
- Lehman Takes RMBS Crown. Stein, Gabrielle // Asset Securitization Report;7/9/2007, Vol. 7 Issue 27, p14
The article reports on the top security companies leading in the residential mortgage-backed security (RMBS) market from January to June 2007 in the U.S. It reveals that Lehman Brothers Inc. ranked number one with a recorded market share of 10.7 percent , followed by Bear Stearns Securities...