CODE RED for NASDAQ?
- Nasdaq Market-makers May Display Two Quotes. // On Wall Street;Jan1999, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p24
Presents news briefs on the operations of the Nasdaq stock market as of January 1999. Plan of Nasdaq for a new method in making individual stock prices at the Nasdaq Stock Market more transparent; Performance of initial public offering that led the Nasdaq Stock market to discuss possible...
- Nasdaq: Maintaining Market Structure. Clary, Isabelle // Securities Industry News;12/23/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 48, p1
Reports on the dissagreement of National Association of Securities Dealers Automated Quotations (NASDAQ) to alter its market structure to transform into an exchange. Key issue for delay in exchange application of NASDAQ; Role of internalization in the success rate of NASDAQ; Comparison in...
- Nasdaq Faces Plan B as SEC Stalls. Clary, Isabelle // Securities Industry News;12/23/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 48, p4
Focuses on the concept of an 'exchange' following proposal of National Association of Securities Dealers Automated Quotations (NASDAQ) to transform itself to an exchange. Definition of an exchange; Contribution of the internalization issue of NASDAQ to delay in the registration; Reasons for...
- Nasdaq Invades the Great White North. Wexler, Sanford // Traders Magazine;Jan2001, Vol. 14 Issue 176, p27
Focuses on the plan of the Nasdaq Stock Market to launch Nasdaq Canada. Installation of Nasdaq workstations at Canadian securities firms in Montreal, Quebec; Increase in the demand for trading Canadian companies that are listed on Nasdaq; Lack of interest for the plan by sellside traders.
- Regs. // Traders Magazine;Feb2003, Vol. 16 Issue 207, p8
Reports on Nasdaq Stock Market Inc.'s request to the United States Securities and Exchange Commission to charge a larger market surveillance fee from competitors. Reason behind Nasdaq's request; Financial status of the organization.
- Region's stock exchanges harmonizing. Collins, John // Caribbean Business;1/9/1997, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p6
Reports on the coordination of stock exchanges in the Caribbean Area as a result of a consortium project led by Nasdaq Stock Market Inc. Efforts to establish a stock exchange in the Bahamas; Funding of project by Multilateral Investment Fund; Other members of the consortium.
- Struggling With Locked and Crossed Markets. O'Reilly, Michael L. // Traders Magazine;May99, Vol. 12 Issue 152, p25
Reports on the frequent locking and crossing of markets at Nasdaq stock markets. Average locked or crossed markets at Nasdaq in January 1999; Causes of the locked and crossed markets; Proposals of the National Association of Securities Dealers to address the locked and crossed market situation.
- Extended Trading. // Traders Magazine;Sep99, Vol. 12 Issue 157, p6
Focuses on the extended trading hours at the Nasdaq stock market starting October 1, 1999. Remarks from officials regarding the extension; Advantage of the change to investors who trade beyond the customary 4 o'clock market close.
- Trading Places: Europe's Challenge to NASDAQ. Brandman, James; Hanes, Kathryn // Global Finance;Jun99, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p41
Reports on the challenges posed by Euro Nouveau Marche (NM), an alliance of national exchanges in Europe, to the NASDAQ exchange in the United States. Trading platforms of the member exchanges; Market capitalization of Euro NM; Advantages of NASDAQ over Euro NM.