INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: Private Equity
- Leverage in Disguise. Forstmann, Theodore; Little, Brian // Fortune;4/20/1992, Vol. 125 Issue 8, p128
This article focuses on the investment strategy of Theodore Forstmann and Brian Little, private equity investors at Forstmann Little & Co. in New York City. Forstmann has been a critic of the irresponsible use of junk debt in 1980s deal. But while he has refused to finance his deals with junk...
- Positive Asymmetrical Outcomes. Joseph, Jeff // Investment Advisor;Aug2009, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p28
The article focuses on the efficient use of Hybrid Portfolio Theory (HPT) in attaining a positive asymmetric outcome (PAO) profile in making investments in the U.S. PAO has been characterized to have a positively-skewed risk/reward ratios which can be achieved through investments. Proper...
- XO scores funding amid 1Q loss. Smith, Hilary // RCR Wireless News;4/30/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 18, p6
Announces that Forstmann Little and Co. has agreed to invest in XO Communications Inc. Amount of the investment; Terms of the investment deal; Financial results of XO for the first quarter ending March 31, 2001.
- Nextlink Touts European Deal, New Investment. Alleven, Monica // Wireless Week;05/29/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 22, p14
Reports on the multiple European fiber optic networks purchased by Nextlink Communications Inc. from Level 3 Communications for its wireless and wired communication expansion plans. Factor that contributes to the value depreciation of Nextlink's shares; Investment made by Forstmann Little & Co....
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: Private Equity. // Investment Dealers' Digest;01/21/2002, Vol. 68 Issue 3, p51
Present data concerning investment in private equities in the United States as of January 2002. Data on private equity fundraising; Measures to address the financial problems of McLeodUSA Inc.; Acquisition of Reston by Forstmann Little.
- Intelisys: What To Do With $65 Million. Cone, Edward // Inter@ctive Week;12/06/99, Vol. 6 Issue 50, p42
Focuses on the investment received by Intelisys Electronic Commerce from Forstmann Little & Co. Terms of the investment deal; Plans of Intelisys for the investment; Other companies backing Intelisys; Background of the deal signed by Intelisys with Intuit.
- How Teddy Forstmann Lost His Groove. Lashinsky, Adam // Fortune;7/26/2004, Vol. 150 Issue 2, p86
This article profiles Tedd Forstmann, the owner of Forstmann Little. There was a time when there was no more colorful character on Wall Street than Theodore "Teddy" Forstmann. It is a different Teddy Forstmann, then, who sits in the dock of a colorless courtroom in rural Connecticut on an...
- Money Can't Buy Telecoms Love, Even on Wall Street. Appin, Rick // Bank Loan Report;8/13/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 32, pN.PAG
Last week two telecom companies, McLeodUSA Inc. and XO Communications Inc., received a vote of confidence from investment firm Forstmann Little & Co. in the form of a $275 million cash infusion. In these volatile times for telecom companies, it's a rarity for any struggling telecom to see...
- Custom House Opens New York Office, Adds Three Commercial Directors. Safane, Jake // Global Custodian News;2013, p209
Custom House, an alternative investment fund services provider, has opened an office in New York and has appointed three new commercial directors.