Shareholders, SARS Assail Motorola
- Motorola considering separation of mobile devices unit. Deffree, Suzanne // Electronic News;2/4/2008, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p26
This article focuses on the alternatives being sought by Motorola Inc. for the business that may include the separation of mobile devices from its enterprise mobility solutions and home and networks mobility units. The company may sell of its struggling mobile devices business in an effort to...
- MOTORALA SUCCESSFULLY TETS GPRS PTT AT FASTLINK IN AMMAN. // Worldwide Telecom;Sep2003, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p5
Reports on an agreement signed by Motorola Global Telecom Solutions Sector with Fastlink to pilot the General Radio Packet Service Push-to-Talk solution by Motorola as of September 2003.
- MOTOROLA TO SUPPLY SECURE TETRA RADIO SYSTEM FOR OLYMPICS. // Worldwide Telecom;Feb2004, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p6
Reports on the two-way radio communications system provided by the Commercial, Government and Industrial Solutions Sector of Motorola Inc., together with Science Applications International Corp. and Siemens to be used by public safety agencies during the 2004 Olympic Games in Athens as of...
- Fla. town to install Motorola network. // RCR;12/08/97, Vol. 16 Issue 48, p10
Focuses on Motorola's SmartZone analog system which is replacing the existing very high frequency (VHF)/ultra high frequency (UHF) communications systems used by government department and agencies in Hialeah, Florida. Description of the system; Comments by Tom McGrath, who is managing the...
- Motorola LMPS deploys SmartZone OmiLink. // RCR;02/16/98, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p22
Reports that Motorola Incorporated has deployed the SmartZone OmniLink wide-area two-way radio communications system for Western Resources company. Background information on Western Resources company; Features of the telecommunications system; Views of Joe Wilden, a Western Resources project...
- Motorola equips prisons with Smartnet. // RCR;02/16/98, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p37
Reports on the installation of a Smartnet trunked radio system by Motorola Incorporated within the Pontiac and Stateville Correctional Centers in Illinois. Features of the system.
- Systems links workers anywhere. // Communications News;Jun97, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p52
Features the installation of a consolidated 800 MHz digital trunked two-way radio communication systems from Motorola Inc. in Baltimore, Maryland, to link the city's facilities. Cost of the system; Equipment included in the system; Design of the system to accommodate a future city network that...
- Motorola PCS platform features location registration. Lindstrom, Annie // Telephony;2/6/95, Vol. 228 Issue 6, p10
Reports on the introduction of a hardware-based personal communication services (PCS) and product platform called INteleReach service by Motorola's cellular infrastructure group. Features of the service; Two core components of the PCS platform; Features of the Series One and Two phones.
- Motorola enters voice-enabled world. Gohring, Nancy // Telephony;08/03/98, Vol. 235 Issue 5, p8
Focuses on the plans by Motorola's Internet and connectivity services division to introduce the Myosphere platform for voice recognition-based services. Features of the platform; Comment by May Pao, director of business management for the division; Comparison of Myosphere with other voice...