The Fuel Cell Bust
- BETTER RETURN ON CAPITAL. Gome, Amanda // BRW;2/19/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p58
Highlights an "Australian Capital Venture Journal" report citing two of the strongest signs yet of a turnaround in the venture capital market since the 2002 technology crash. More venture capitalists selling their investments in small companies; More venture capitalists making a profit on the sale.
- AÃ©ropostale Profit Surges, Pacific Sunwear Reverses Loss. Steigrad, Alexandra; Young, Vicki M. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;8/22/2008, Vol. 196 Issue 40, p11
The article presents an analysis on the financial status of AÃ©ropostale Inc. in New York. It states that for the quarter ended August 2, 2008, the company has posted profits of $21.1 million or 31 cents a share, compared with profits of $14.7 million for the same period in 2007. Net sales of...
- VENTURE SUPPORT. // New Hampshire Business Review;11/30/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 25, p4
Reports on venture capital funding received by Octave Communications. Forecast on the company's revenue; List of investors who provided the funding; Products manufactured by the company.
- Dealing with Venture Capitalists: Shopping Around or Exclusive Negotiation*. Casamatta, Catherine; Haritchabalet, Carole // Review of Finance;Aug2014, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p1743
We study the fund-raising strategy of an entrepreneur when investors have private information about his projectâ€™s profitability. The entrepreneur cares about monetary profits and about the probability to obtain financing. If he contacts both venture capitalists (VCs) simultaneously, he...
- Caution returning to venture capital industry. HULL, TIM // Inside Tucson Business;06/12/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p1
Reports on venture capital trends in Arizona as of June 2000. Investors' return to more conservative investing; Qualities looked for by venture investors; Length of commitment by investors to businesses being financed.
- Venture capitalists increasingly attracted to Utah businesses. Middleton // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;09/27/99, Vol. 29 Issue 14, Focus p8
Reports on the rise in venture capital financing in Utah. Growth of venture financing firms MountainWest Venture Group, Wasatch Venture Fund, Utah Ventures, Cornerstone Capital and Granite Capital Partners; Offer of low-level funding by the Utah Technology Finance Corp.; D.A. Davidson & Co.'s...
- Colorado's Big Venture Capital Adventure. Lewis, Pete // ColoradoBiz;Jun99, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p54
Provides information on venture capitalists in Colorado. Amount invested by venture capitalists in Colorado companies for 1998; Largest venture capital firm in the state; Industries were venture capitalists invested.
- Venture capital firms. Fenrick, Katrina; Carriere, Rebecca // Crain's Chicago Business;12/28/98Lists, Vol. 21 Issue 52, p63
Presents a chart on venture capital firms in the Chicago, Illinois area. Includes names of companies; Sources of funding; Types of investments; Includes AAM Capital Partners; ABN Amro Private Equity; AllState Private Equity.
- Meet the New Dealmakers. Taber, George M. // Business News New Jersey;2/25/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p12
Features several dealmakers in the venture capital business in New Jersey. Profile of Mel Baiada of Bluestone Software; Details of the business career of Virginia Bonker of Blue Rock Capital; Business strategy of James Gunton of New Jersey TechnologyCouncil Venture Fund; Investments made by Ron...