Converts Follow Junk Up and??
- Exploiting the limits of convertible bonds. Cretien, Paul D. // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Dec2008, Vol. 37 Issue 13, p28
The article focuses on the advantages of convertible bonds to both issuers and investors. It mentions that corporations can get long-term financing at coupon rates lower than the capital market rates. It notes that investors engaging with this bond will own securities that combine the attributes...
- That's Rich: Majority of Secondary-Market Municipals Trading Above Par. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;8/28/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31459, p5
Focuses on the impact of the municipal bond market on the investors. Effect of the bond prices on investors; Inclination of investors to premiums to maximize income; Protection of premiums from interest-rate risk.
- A penny for a gilt. Delport, Rikus // Finance Week;10/15/99, p61
Focuses on the losses sustained by investors from the volatility of South Africa's bond market in 1999. Range of price fluctuations; Exercise rates for call warrants.
- Europe is the name of the game in high yield last week. LC // High Yield Report;03/13/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p4
Reports the performance of investors and business enterprises in the high yield market of Europe. Changes of the bond price of chemicals and plastics company, Huntsman Corp.; Differences in the dollar and euro tranches of PSINet; Euro deal of Level 3 Communications; High yield deals greater...
- Saybrook Capital Launches Distressed-Muni-Bond Fund. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;1/7/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31795, p26
Reports on the launching of Saybrook Tax-Exempt Opportunity Fund II by Saybrook Capital LLC in the U.S. Commercialization of deteriorating credit quality in the municipal bond market; Investment in tax-exempt bonds; Acquisition of controlling positions for bond restructuring.
- Vultures circle emerging markets debt. Kandler, Sara // High Yield Report;09/14/98, Vol. 9 Issue 35, p1
Reports that investors in the emerging bond markets are shopping for emerging markets in Latin American and Russia, due the Mexican pesos crisis of 1994-95 and the Asian debt crisis. Trading of emerging markets debt by New York based Gramercy Emerging Markets Finance Ltd; Comments from...
- In Selloff, Higher Coupons Outperformed. RAMAGE, JAMES // Bond Buyer;7/3/2013, Vol. 385 Issue 33939, p1
In this article, the author reports that the recent market selloff of the U.S. bond market have shown that the investors who have credits with higher coupons have survived the increasing rate storm better than those who hold lower coupons in a relatively even reduction of prices.
- Another golden rule: watch liquidity risk. BAKER, PHILIP // Australian Financial Review (0404-2018);8/21/2015 Supplement Smart Investor, p88
The article focuses on liquidity risk for investors in the stock and bond markets.
- Financings Roundup. // BioWorld Today;4/23/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 78, p6
This article announces the completion by Xenome Ltd. of a convertible note financing for 10 million Australian dollars from funds associated with existing investors Queensland BioCapital Fund and GBS Venture Partners.