Bondholders' New Power Play
- Because of Sweetheart Loan to CEO, Bondholders Try to get Avado to Restructure; Loan Market Gets Going Again. Burns, Mairin // Bank Loan Report;5/19/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 20, p2
Discusses the role of bondholders in corporate restructuring in the U.S., focusing on the case of a dining restaurant company, Avado Brands Inc. Attempts of investors to draw Avado's management into negotiations for a consensual restructuring; Loan made by Avado to chairman Tom DuPree; Avado's...
- Hops limping as cash-poor Avado closes HQ, CEO quits. Hayes, Jack // Nation's Restaurant News;3/31/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 13, p1
Reports on the reorganization of Avado Brands Inc. Closure of the headquarters of the company's Hops Restaurant, Bar and Brewery chain; Consolidation of the management functions of the Hops chain to Avado's home office in Madison, Georgia; Resignation of Ronald Magruder as Hops chief executive...
- Applebee's Divestiture Proceeds Pump Up Avado's 3-Q Bottom Line. // Nation's Restaurant News;11/23/98, Vol. 32 Issue 47, p12
Reports on the financial performance of Avado Brands Inc. for the third quarter of 1998. Net earnings; Changes in the company's restaurant operations in the United States; Earnings per share; Avado's sale of Applebee's restaurant units.
- Avado's Don Pablo comps up; covenant compliance in doubt. // Nation's Restaurant News;10/6/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 40, p12
Reports on the increase in the store sales of Avado Brands Inc. in Madison, Georgia.
- Avado Brands amends $75M credit source terms for 4th time. // Nation's Restaurant News;1/13/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p12
Reports on the amendment of credit source terms for the fourth time of the Avado Brands Inc. in Madison, Georgia. Terms of amendment; Determination of the outstanding cash borrowings; Percentage of semi-annual interest payment.
- Bondholders in Europe Get More Out of Restructured Companies. // High Yield Report;4/22/2002, Vol. 13 Issue 16, p1
Focuses on the benefits of restructured companies on bondholders in Europe. Use of debt-for-equity swaps; Increase in the negotiating power of bondholders; Advantage of the Chapter 11 statute.
- Latest Fare at Avado? Maybe Chapter 11. Roberts, Ricardo // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;4/16/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 16, p1
Describes the financial problems experienced by Avado Brands which indicate the need for the firm to sell assets.
- Avado Brands is latest player to mull retreat from mercurial public markets. Hayes // Nation's Restaurant News;11/15/99, Vol. 33 Issue 46, p1
Reports on financially troubled Avado Brands' drafting of a buyout plan to withdraw from public ownership and at the same time move toward the completion of a revamp of its Don Pablo's Mexican Kitchen chain. Company's strategy for reversing same-store-sales declines at two of its other brands;...
- Avado's debt-related gain boosts 6-mo. net to $8.9M. // Nation's Restaurant News;8/12/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 32, p14
Reports on the financial performance of Avado Brands Inc. as of September 2002. Decline in revenue; Debt-related gain; Second quarter earnings; Consolidated second-quarter same-store sales.