Sea-Air-Space 2003: "America's Best" Expo
- All About Sailors and Marines. Peterson, Gordon I. // Sea Power;Apr2001, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p21
Interviews Rear Admiral Jay M. Cohen, chief of the Office of Naval Research (ONR) at the United States (U.S.) Department of Navy. Importance of the works of ONR for the U.S. Navy and Marine Corps; Description of Cohen's mission of managing science and technology in the U.S. Navy; Programs of...
- New SEAL Exhibit Opens at Navy Memorial. Platt, Sophie // All Hands;Jun2007, Issue 1082, p11
The article reports on the opening of a new exhibit dedicated to the U.S. Navy Sea, Air, Land (SEALs).
- Enemy of the Status Quo. Burgess, Richard R. // Sea Power;May2005, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p30
Focuses on U.S. Navy Rear Admiral Jay M. Cohen, chief of naval research, outlining of the projects of the Office of Naval Research during a seminar at the 2005 Sea-Air-Space Exposition. Free electron laser; Thermocline Glider; Hi-Fly missile; American Flyer.
- TRYING TO FIND THE 'SECURE' IN SECURITY. Marek, Angie C. // U.S. News & World Report;10/2/2006, Vol. 141 Issue 12, p36
This article reports on Jay Cohen, who was sworn in as the new head of the Department of Homeland Security's Science and Technology Directorate on August 10, 2006. August 10 was the same day that the United Kingdom arrested 24 suspects for allegedly plotting to blow up 10 U.S.-bound airliners...
- Cohen: No Easy Answers in Making Fundamental Change. // Sea Power;Feb2004, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p29
Interviews Jay M. Cohen, chief of naval research, commanding the Office of Naval Research (ONR) for the U.S. Navy and Marine Corps., on the fundamental change in the Navy and Marine Corps. Mission of the ONR; Investments in basic research; Enhancement of the capabilities of the Navy and the...
- NAVY LEAGUE 2002 SUPPORTING NAVAL TRANSFORMATION. Lebien, Wolfgang // Naval Forces;Jun2002, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p120
Provides information on the U.S. Navy League 2002 maritime exhibition. General impression of the exhibition; Information on the briefing for the Lockheed Martin Joint Strike Fighter Program; Examples of companies that participated in the exhibition.
- Two-Plus Centuries of Heritage Under One Roof. Winkler, David F. // Sea Power;Jun2003, Vol. 46 Issue 6, p38
Focuses on the promotions of the history and heritage of the U.S. Navy within the world-class museums. Direction of the national U.S. Navy Museum; Display of various naval equipment; Collections of various products displayed at the museum.
- League's 2003 Expo Lives Up To Its Name. // Sea Power;Jun2003, Vol. 46 Issue 6, p54
Highlights the events at the 2003 Sea-Air-Space Expositions of the Navy League in Washington D.C. Increase in the number of sea-service flag and general officers in attendance; Role of the major speakers in the planning for and conduct of the war; Photographs of the officials.
- HSM-40's MH-60R AT FARNBOROUGH. Reyes, Fernando // Wings of Gold;Winter2010, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p34
The article focuses on the participation of Helicopter Maritime Strike Squadron-40 (HSM-40) naval unit to represent the MH-60R Seahawk helicopter at the Farnborough Air Show in Farnborough, England on July 18, 2010. It notes that HMS' display of various aircrafts was the only corral which...