Spartan Unmanned Surface Vehicle Envisioned for Array of High-Risk Missions
- MULTI-AXIS MATERIALS' TESTER: Single fixture tests shear, compression and tension. Frank, Randy // Design News;4/9/2007, Vol. 62 Issue 5, p36
The article evaluates the Multi-Axis Materials' Tester from United States Naval Undersea Warfare Center.
- Lockheed Martin studies performance upgrades to CBASS submarine torpedoes. KELLER, JOHN // Military & Aerospace Electronics;Aug2015, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p6
The article reports on the contract of Lockheed Martin with the U.S. Navy Naval Undersea Warfare Center Division-Newport in Newport, Rhode Island to upgrade the Navy's Common Broadband Advanced Sonar System (CBASS) version of the Mk 48 Mod 7 heavyweight torpedo.
- EDO Acoustic wins contract from Undersea Warfare Center. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;10/13/97, Vol. 27 Issue 16, p17
Reports that EDO Acoustic Products has won a contract to produce new high frequency sonar transducer array for the US Navy Naval Undersea Warfare Center's nuclear attack submarines. Contract value; Profile on the firm.
- 21ST CENTURY TORPEDO ACQUISITION STRATEGY. // NATO's Nations & Partners for Peace;2003, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p131
Discusses the evolutionary approach for torpedo software and hardware acquisition developed by the U.S. Navy Naval Undersea Warfare Center (NUWC) Division Newport together with NAVSEA sponsor PMS 404. Overview of the proposed Torpedo Advanced Processing Build (APB) process; Principles of the...
- WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT AWARDS. // Defense AT&L;Mar/Apr2015, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p29
The article announces honorees at the 2014 Defense Acquisition Workforce Awards including the U.S. Navy, Naval Undersea Warfare Center Division for the Gold Award, Large Category, the U.S. Navy, Space and Naval Warfare Systems Command, Business Financial Management Competency (SPAWAR) for the...
- Raising The Monitor. // Weekly Reader News - Edition 4;9/20/2002, Vol. 84 Issue 4, p4
Reports on the recovery of the submerged warship Monitor at the Atlantic Ocean. Contribution of the Monitor to world history; Display of the ship's artifacts at the maritime museum; Shipbuilding features.
- Past, present and future. // All Hands;May95, Issue 937, p12
Presents illustrations of American naval ships published in the past issues of `All Hands' magazine.
- Looking ahead... // All Hands;May95, Issue 937, p14
Illustrates possible future designs of American naval ships. Includes surface effect ships; Small waterplane twin hull.
- Ships' doors. Mooney, Ray // All Hands;May95, Issue 937, p28
Presents photographs highlighting door decorations in several naval ships. Includes decorations at USS Enterprise, USS George Washington and USS Comstock; Factors that drive sailors to decorate a ship's doors.