A Navy League Building "For the Next 100 Years."
- Whitman uses state of the state to push for school construction. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;01/12/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30806, p32
Focuses on the need to boost school building construction projects in New Jersey explained by state Governor Christine Todd Whitman during her state of the state address. Order for capital improvements made at the state's poorest schools; Estimation of the repairs' total costs.
- N.J. Approves $12 Billion School Construction Program. Johnston, Robert C. // Education Week;08/02/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 43, p23
Reports on New Jersey Governor Christine Todd Whitman's approval of legislation for a state-run school construction program. Expected benefits to be derived by schools in terms of new facilities and renovations; Court order given in 1998 that required the state to improve facilities in needy...
- On the Horizonâ€¦. // Electric Perspectives;Nov/Dec2005, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p8
The article presents the schedules of events from November to December 2005. The American Gas Association/Edison Electric Institute DataSource Best Practices Workshop in Charlotte, North Carolina will be held on November 2 to 4. The Westin Diplomat Resort & Spa in Hollywood, Florida will be the...
- Windows of opportunity. // Business News New Jersey;4/17/96, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p19
Presents a photograph of New Jersey Governor Christie Whitman at Silver Line's launching of its facility in North Brunswick, New Jersey.
- Republican Response. Whitman, Christie // Congressional Digest;Mar1995, Vol. 74 Issue 3, p67
Presents excerpts from New Jersey Governor Christie Whitman's State of the Union Response delivered January 24, 1995. Financial issues; Tax increases; Welfare reform; Opposition to the balanced budget amendment.
- Silenced swings. // Northern New Jersey Business;5/3/95, Vol. 3 Issue 9, p3
Reports on New Jersey Governor Christine Todd Whitman's refusal of the plan for an 18-hole golf course and other improvements in the Liberty State Park in Jersey City. Preservation of the park as the main reason.
- Perk watch. // Money;Forecast 1994, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p16
Comments on the possible change of mind by Christine Todd Whitman of New Jersey, who said during the campaign that, if she was elected governor she would sell the state's Sikorsky helicopter. Her comments after the election and her incorrect statements about the helicopter.
- Christine Todd Whitman. // People;12/26/94, Vol. 42 Issue 26, p88
Focuses on Christine Todd Whitman, one of `People' magazine's twenty-five most intriguing people of 1994. Her victory in the New Jersey gubernatorial election; Career highlights of 1994; How she has become a voice for Republican moderates; Her future political potential.
- Keeping politics out of tourism. Jacobs, Charles // Central New Jersey Business;4/5/95, Vol. 8 Issue 7, p15
Praises Governor Christine Todd Whitman as the first New Jersey governor who does not capitalize on the advertising budget for tourism to promote her own name.