EPL Lion Not Yet Tamed
- Assessing The Impact Of The Proposed COLI Best Practices Act. Magner, James // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;7/18/2005, Vol. 109 Issue 27, p32
Reports on the impact of the proposed corporate owned life insurance best practices act on the insurance regulation in the U.S. Provision of written consent to be insured; Agreement between employees and employers; Estimates of the total amount of insurance in force at year-end under contracts.
- The briefing. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;7/23/2010, Vol. 200 Issue 4637, p42
The article offers news briefs related to the employment in Great Britain including urging of employers to withdray pre-employment health questionnaires, and fall in the numbers of students seeking internships.
- Templates and certificates are useful safety checklists for using MCWPs. // Utility Week;11/5/2010 Safe Hands Supplement, p6
The article reports on the International Powered Access Federation's (IPAF) offering of templates and certificates to help promote safety and best practice in the use of mast climbing work platforms (MCWP) on work sites, including the MCWP Handover Certificate, the MCWP Load Chart, and the MCWP...
- Changing employees' contracts. Gudgin, Sarah // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;9/17/2010, Vol. 200 Issue 4645, p42
The article provides an answer to a question of how to change terms and conditions of employment for existing employees.
- Moore firm specializes in employment law. // New Hampshire Business Review;08/28/98, Vol. 20 Issue 19, p29
Focuses on the formation of the Employment Practices Group that provides training, education and consulting services to employers on such workplace issues as sexual harassment, discrimination, hiring and firing and personal handbooks.
- Festering is a waste of time. // People Management;9/16/2010, p18
This article comments on the disadvantages of the practice of festering in personnel management.
- Hiring, Through Fresh Lenses. Mirza, Patrick // HR Magazine;Apr2005, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p14
Introduces a series of articles about hiring and employee screening practices of employers.
- Data protection officers can ensure compliance. Willmott, Ben // Personnel Today;2/18/2003, p14
Discusses the role of data protection officers (DPO) in ensuring employment practices. Need for the appointment of DPO by employers; Skill required for the post of DPO; Considerations to be made by the DPO in eliminating areas of non-compliance.
- A Lasting Impression. Mahalingam, T. V. // Business Today;2/6/2011, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p64
The article focuses on the "first impressions" human resource (HR) programme of Mahindra & Mahindra in India in which new employees are warmly welcomed on their first day of work.