- Municipal Market Data General Obligation Yields. // Bond Buyer;9/28/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31233, p51
Presents market data on general obligation yields of bonds issued by municipal councils in the U.S., as of September 28, 2001. Ratings given for the bonds to be expired in 2031.
- From Salford with love. Hodge, Peta // Public Finance;12/15/99, p20
Focuses on the participation of city councils in the local authority bond market in Great Britain. Improvement of the image of treasury management in councils; Dependence of councils on the Public Works Loan Board; Concern over credit rating. INSET: Money problems..
- SOUTHWEST Bond -WATCH. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/3/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31939, p27
Reports developments related to the bond market in the U.S. as of August 2004. Conversion of Interstate 25 from free lanes to toll lanes by the Colorado Tolling Enterprise; Plan of the Tulsa City Council to conduct an internal inquiry of the Tulsa International Airport; Proposal of including...
- Council asks for DA probe. DROLUNS, BYBRA // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);8/17/2011, Vol. 109 Issue 19, p1A
The article reports that Kyle City Council in Texas decided to request Hays County District Attorney (DA) Sherri Tibbe to investigate any violations made by the previous city management which allegedly used money and fund balances borrowed via obligation bonds to pay for the daily expenses of...
- Tulsa City Council OKs $76M for New 15-Story City Hall Building. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;7/16/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32671, p5
The article reports on the plan approved by the City Council in Tulsa, Oklahoma, that will issue up to $76 million of revenue bonds to finance the acquisition of a 15-story city hall building. The Tulsa Public Facilities Authority will issue a promissory note up to $53.5 million to purchase the...
- Councils weigh up bond bid. JOHNSTONE, RICHARD // Public Finance;Oct2012, Issue 10, p6
The article reports on the move of the City Council in Southampton to lead a project to create virtual authority of ten councils which would form investment vehicle to borrow 100 million British pound sterling from the bond market. It states that the council aims to open access to European match...
- Its Official. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/27/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31893, p3
Reports on the Chicago City Council's approval of bond authorizations including new money and refunding general obligation (GO) sales and revenue-backed financings. Council's endorsement of Tariq Malhance's request to sell GO for capital projects, 911 emergency center GO bonds, clean water...
- CITY COUNCIL PERKS. Donovan, Doug // IRE Journal;Nov/Dec2003, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p21
Discusses an investigative report on the ethics rules in the city council of Baltimore, Maryland. Details on nepotism among city council members; Information on the free parking passes provided for city council members; Revision of the ethics rules of the Baltimore city council.
- SOUTHWEST Bond-Watch. Williamson, Richard; Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/30/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31852, p35
Presents news updates concerning the Southwest bond market as of March 30, 2004. New Mexico's Albuquerque City Council's agreement to impose a one percent hotel tax while considering financing a new downtown hotel; Budget planning in the state of Arizona; Oklahoma Governor Brad Henry's signing...