Smitherman Named to Texas Public Finance Authority Board
- Texas Gov. Perry Names Smitherman for PUC. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/26/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31870, p4
Reports on the appointment of former Banc One Capital Markets Inc. investment banker Barry Smitherman to the Texas Public Utility Commission by Texas Governor Rick Perry. Smitherman's former work as assistant district attorney in Harris County; Experiences as a public finance investment banker.
- Illinois companies' investment bankers. // Crain's Chicago Business;9/18/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 39, p27
Presents statistics on investment bankers of companies in Illinois. Companies with the largest increase in professional staff; Deals on mergers and acquisitions; Offerings of common or preferred stock; Number of banking professionals; List of chief investment bankers.
- Overhauling city bond underwriting. // Crain's New York Business;01/14/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p53
Reports on the renovation of city bond underwriting in New York, New York. Plans to select a team of investment bankers to underwrite city bonds; Edge of Bill Mulrow with the labor community; Extension of the disaster relief Medicaid program.
- Conseco sells out, makes $14 million. Andrews, Greg // Indianapolis Business Journal;2/12/96, Vol. 16 Issue 48, p5
Reports on the financial performance of Eagle Credit Corp., an investment of the Conseco Inc. in Indianapolis, Indiana for 1995. Invested amount to create Eagle Credit; Services offered by the company; Comments from company officials.
- Chicago-area investment bankers. Lyon, Paula; Carriere, Rebecca // Crain's Chicago Business;12/30/96 Book of Lists, Vol. 19 Issue 53, p57
Presents statistics on investment bankers in the Chicago-area, Illinois, ranked by the number of banking professionals.
- Aviation bankers bolster financing efforts overseas. Reinebach, Adam // Investment Dealers' Digest;06/15/98, Vol. 64 Issue 24, p5
States that investment bankers in the aviation industry are increasing efforts to structure international deals. Information on a private placement from the Ansett Australia Limited; How securitization technology can help to offset corporate and sovereign credit risk; Details on collateral used...
- To stay in competition, banks must start training their own securities reps. Werlin, Paul A. // American Banker;5/29/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 102, p13
Opinion. Talks about the need of banks to train their own investment representatives to take advantage of the growth of the securities industry. Sources of majority of investment representatives; Two-pronged approach to recruiting by major firms; Need of banks to build their own educational...
- As CEOs hammered out deal, investment bankers stood idle. Elstein, Aaron // American Banker;4/8/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 66, p26
States that investment bankers have advised executives on matters of corporate secrecy. Information on investment bankers being left out in the Citicorp/Travelers Group deal; Why investment bankers were left out; Comments from Andrew M. Senchak, executive vice president at Keefe, Bruyette and...
- Jobhopping bankers still expect much, but may get less. Etzel, Barbara // Investment Dealers' Digest;4/16/2001, Vol. 67 Issue 15, pN.PAG
Reports on expectations of investment bankers in the U.S. related to job remuneration. Bankers' expectation of higher paychecks for their; Reaction of the hiring banks to such expectations.