Angelides: Hold Off On New Bonding
- California treasurer promises early debt report. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;04/26/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30627, p4
Reports on California State Treasurer Phil Angelides' plan to release his office's debt-affordability report in May 1999 to help state legislators in evaluating bond requests. Background on Angelides' achievements during his first 100 days in office.
- Opponent of California Pension Bond Sale Threatens Suit. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;10/18/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31991, p3
Reports that the Pacific Legal Foundation is challenging the California pension bond proposal. Foundation's claim that the proposal violates the state constitution; Reforms proposed by the state government to save the state more than the debt it incurs for the pension bonds; State treasurer Phil...
- Fiscal Recovery Bonds? // Bond Buyer;8/25/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31705, p1
Focuses on plan of California Treasurer Phil Angelides, to sell $18 billion of debt which the state needs to issue over the next 10 months in order to keep its recently adopted budget balanced, as of August 25, 2003. Schedule for the sale of $11 billion of Fiscal Recovery Bonds; Anticipation by...
- Investments in Power. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;11/5/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31755, p1
Reports on the proposal of treasurer Phil Angelides to increase investment in the state's electricity transmission grid in California. Construction of additional electrical grids; Issuance of revenue bonds for power projects; Response to the growing energy needs of the state.
- Angelides: Deficit Bonds A Bad Idea. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;11/7/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31757, p1
Reports on the warning of California treasurer Phil Angelides to governor-elect Arnold Schwarzenegger against a large-scale deficit bond issue. Opposition for a deficit borrowing plan; Challenges faced in the state's budget; Comment of Schwarzenegger on the issue.
- Stumping for $37B in GOs. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;7/14/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32423, p42
The article reports on the campaign for a 37 billion dollar in infrastructure bond measures that will be on the November 2006 ballot. The infrastructure investment plan in important to building California's future and ensuring the state can compete and succeed in the global economy. The bond...
- California Market Reacts Calmly to $10 Billion Power Bond Announcement. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;03/12/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31094, p36
Reports on the reaction of California bond traders to state Treasurer Phil Angelides' announcement that the majority of the power purchase bonds set for sale beginning May 2001 will likely be tax-exempt. Total value of the power purchase bonds to be offered by the state government; Intended...
- Deficit Bonds Pushed Up. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;4/16/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31864, p1
Reports that California will move ahead the schedule for its sale of deficit bond issue that voters approved in March 2004. Estimated value of bonds to be sold; Comments of Treasurer Phil Angelides, on the government's efforts to accelerate the bond sale schedule; Schedule for the insured and...
- California Looking to Keep $9B Recovery Bond Deal an Option. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;1/21/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31804, p3
Focuses on the issues discussed in the meeting between the financing team associated with fiscal recovery state bond issue and treasurer Phil Angelides in San Francisco, California. Alternative for the general obligation bond measure; Support on sales tax revenue; Passage of the bond issue.