Mixed Bag for Chicago
- Let Texans make up their own minds about gambling. Carona, John; Ellis, Rodney // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);4/4/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 14, p12
The article focuses on the Carona-Ellis Plan, the legislation that would give Texans the right to decide whether to allow destination resort casinos in the state.
- Conyers, Dingell gaming dispute to be settled on House floor. Crabtree, Susan // Hill;6/20/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 73, p6
The article reports on the two bill being compared and contrast by Judiciary committee Chairman John Conyers Jr. and Energy and Commerce Committee Chairman John Dingel which will settle tribal dispute over a land and allows two casinos to build near Detroit, Michigan.
- California gambling leaps ahead. Myers, Dennis // Las Vegas Business Press;8/20/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 32, p4
Focuses on the impact of the legalized internet gambling in California on gaming industry in Nevada. Attribution of the delay in passing internet gambling bill in Nevada to federal wiretap laws; Response of casino industry on the issue; Effect of the legislation on tribal gaming in the state.
- Connecticut casinos brush off New York impact. Strempel, Dan // Fairfield County Business Journal;11/5/2001, Vol. 40 Issue 45, p10
Reports on the approval of several upstate gambling bills for casinos in southeastern Connecticut. Development of a commanding presence of casinos in the marketplace; Establishment of customer loyalty in the area; Percentage of clients at the casino from the New York area.
- Crossing the craps table. // Business News New Jersey;12/07/98, Vol. 11 Issue 44, p4
Focuses on a New Jersey bill aimed at allowing casino employees to play in the gaming halls of Atlantic City, New Jersey.
- Banks Won't Fight Ban on Card Use for Web Bets. KLINE, ALAN // American Banker;6/8/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 110, p1
Focuses on the legislative bill of the U.S. congress to prohibit the consumers from using credit cards to gamble on the Internet. Card industry steering clear of the debate; Harmful effect of Internet gambling on the young people; Credit card issuers unwilling to be viewed as gambling...
- Michigan Lawmakers, Officials Clash Over Detroit Airport Oversight Bill. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/29/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31253, p37
Reports on concerns raised by officials of the Detroit, Michigan-based Metro Wayne County Airport for a legislative bill called oversight bill on creation of a board to oversee its operational functioning. Overview of a report presented by the Senate Committee on management of the airport;...
- This is no time for O'Hare supporters to miss flight. // Crain's Chicago Business;7/22/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 29, p10
Focuses on the efforts to pursue the expansion bill for O'Hare International Airport in Chicago, Illinois. Failure of the bill to acquire two-thirds majority at the House of Representatives; Need for expansion supporters to regroup; Legislators involved in the bill.
- Delay hurts O'Hare bill's flight plan. Merrion, Paul // Crain's Chicago Business;6/10/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 23, p1
Focuses on the dispute between the U.S. Senate and House concerning the legislation for the expansion of O'Hare International Airport in Chicago, Illinois. Complications for the passing of the bill; Substantial changes made in the bill; Expansion agreement between governor George Ryan and mayor...