DERIVATIVES & STRUCTURED PRODUCTS
- MSRB Notice Due Out On Fair Pricing. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;5/14/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31635, p1
Concerned about pricing disparities in the U.S. municipal securities market, the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board is preparing to issue a notice that interprets its fair-pricing rules and solicits comments on new guidance for complying with those in transactions when there is a lack of...
- The big draw. Martin, Matthew // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;3/30/2007, Vol. 51 Issue 13, p4
This article explains that the move of the financial market in London, England to be open to the issuance of Islamic bonds presents a major threat to rivals in the Gulf states keen to hang on to oil wealth. Dubai, Bahrain and Qatar all hope to become global Islamic financial centres. The British...
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;3/25/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31351, p36
Presents several charts depicting bond market in the U.S. Details on the municipal market yields; Prices of securities; Volume of bonds to be offered at competitive bidding.
- Munis Unchanged Awaiting FOMC Meeting. Scarchilli, Mike; Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;9/17/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32714, p2
The article provides updates concerning municipal bond market in the U.S. for September 2007. In September 14, the market was most unchanged as market participants await the Federal Open Market Committee. According to a trader in New York, there does not seem to be any follow through, the market...
- Munis temporarily boosted by NAPM report, but end flat in light activity. Kralev, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;08/03/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30696, p2
Reports on activities in the United States bond market as of August 3, 1999. Unchanged standing of municipal securities; Rise on construction spending; Downfall in overseas bonds; Dollar bond trading.
- Munis Weaker, Reflecting Treasury Softness. Scarchilli, Michael; Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;6/6/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32644, p2
The article provides updates concerning municipal bond market for June 2007 in the U.S. On June 5, the municipal market was slightly weaker reflecting softness in Treasuries. According to one trader in Los Angeles, California, the municipal market can not get out of the Treasury's way. The...
- Derivatives & Structured Products. // Bond Buyer;2/28/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32328, p7
A graph is presented illustrating average yield on seven-day high-grade variable-rate demand obligations as compiled by Municipal Market Data.
- Insured Funds Maintaining Strategy. Seymour, Dan // Bond Buyer;4/16/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33099, p1
The article reports that insured funds are gaining much attention in the financial industry in the U.S. It cites that the Moody's Investors Service downgrades of the Ambac Assurance Corp. and Berkshire Hathaway Assurance Corp. indicates a new paradigm for insured municipal bond funds. According...
- Munis Start Off Improved and a Bit Firmer. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;3/31/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33089, p2
The article reports on the performance of municipal bonds in the U.S. for March 30, 2009. It states that the municipal market was slightly firmer, opening the week which improved after the deluge of new-issue supply pushed yields increased to a degree. According to traders, tax-exempt yields...