IRS May Tax Bonds to Spur Settlements
- Stocks/debt loss allocations. // Practical Accountant;Mar99, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p12
Focuses on tax regulations from United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS) affecting the allocation of loss recognized on the disposition of stock assets.
- Mark-to-market regs released. // Practical Accountant;Feb94, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p14
Reports that the US Internal Revenue Service has issued guidelines on the regulation of securities. Effectivity of guidelines.
- IRS releases advice on allocating expenditures for arbitrage purposes. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;10/21/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30504, p5
Reports on the United States Internal Revenue Service's release of a technical advice memorandum that shows issuers how it expects them to allocate expenditures from bond proceeds and account for them for arbitrage purposes. Types of deals for which the memorandum is applicable; Terms of the...
- IRS Plans to Notify Issuers of Settlement. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;03/24/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30856, p36
Reports on the United States Internal Revenue Service's (IRS) plan to write to all issuers whose bonds are included in any global yield-burning settlement to inform them of the resolution of taxability questions. Audit investigation launched by the IRS into the yield burning that allegedly...
- FINANCIAL TRANSACTIONS. May, Gregory; Kennard, Alan L.; Stevens, Matthew A. // Tax Lawyer;Jun2002, Vol. 55 Issue 4, p1189
Focuses on developments on taxation of financial transactions in the U.S. Scope of the regulations issued by the Internal Revenue Service dealing with qualified reopenings of debt securities; Applicability of rules on the capitalization interest expense and carrying costs for straddles; Cases...
- IRS cracks down on `fast-pay' stock deals. // Practical Accountant;Mar99, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p12
Reports that the United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has issued proposed regulations on taxing fast-pay stocks. Two-party financing arrangements affected by the proposed regulation.
- Regs issued for credit on employer FICA tax on tips. // Practical Accountant;Feb94, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p14
Reports that the US Internal Revenue Service has issued regulations on employer social security taxation. Effectivity of regulations.
- Attorney: Appeal right should apply to all open cases. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;08/21/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30462, p6
Focuses on the Utah School District Finance Cooperative's dispute with the United States Internal Revenue Service over the taxability of a $200 million 1998 bond issue. Efforts of tax lawyer Bradley S. Waterman to convince the agency that the appeal right granted to bond issuers in 1998's IRS...
- Court's shift on housing bond tax ruling could hurt California investors' appeal. Stanton, Michael // Bond Buyer;08/15/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30210, p1
Reports that a federal appeals court has amended its decision upholding the US Internal Revenue Service's ability to tax investors Harbor Bancorp, Edward and Elena Keith in California's Riverside County Housing Authority bond issue. Replacement of controversial language; Absence of effect on...